edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
3 replies 646 views
forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
30.8K posts
Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
Wondering if anyone can help?

I have my own domain with 50webs and having some email issues. Phone and PC all have the same email accounts setup using IMAP not POP3.

Tested all the addresses and i could send and receive emails and they showed on the phone and PC. But away from home the emails would not sync even if i tried manually.

Testing to see if it was actually connected I used one of the accounts to send an email to an old email i had on my phone and that was received fine. After sending that all my emails downloaded from my own domain.

Back at home i tried sending an email which appeared to work but nothing in my sent box. No response from the recipient either (should be an auto reply). Sent using 50webs webmail and it sent and i received a reply on the pc only not my phone.

101% sure its all IMAP and the correct ports also. What does that leave?

Oddly i appear to be able to send emails to myself and they appear to be working.

Send / Receive and they show in the sent folder and i receive them.

Thanks from puzzled... :)
Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Replies

• grumpycrabgrumpycrab Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have my own domain with 50webs ... But away from home the emails would not sync
    Email authentication. Who provides your email? If 50webs - ask them what's going on.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • dan958dan958 Forumite
    613 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Check the outgoing port is correct, and that it is open on your router. Try and telnet to their server using the outgoing port.

Make sure outgoing authentication is enabled, if their server requires it.

If your dvice doesnt seem to be syncing all emails properly, check if they are on the webmail system.
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    30.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ports, usernames and passwords were correct.

I could use the 50webs webmail to access and send emails.

Appeared to be a certificate issue. Getting emails on both devices now, some are a bit slower to show all but its getting there.

Fingers crossed it works at home and away from home. Even sent emails from every address to myself before i went away to make sure they worked.

Thanks.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...