Flashing green on sub 3.0

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
13 replies 5.3K views
tazwhoevertazwhoever Forumite
1.2K posts
Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
Had a problem with sub and it's installed with sub 3, now at least internet and WiFi is working. For 2 days now the green WiFi light is flashing.

Is this normal?

Thanks

Replies

• debitcardmayhemdebitcardmayhem Forumite
    10K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry sub ? submarine, sub 3 hour marathon give us a clue
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖
  • stragglebodstragglebod Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming USB 3.0 but even if that's correct the question is still gibberish.
  • DoaMDoaM Forumite
    11K posts
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epilepsy affects spelling/typing? Every day is a school day.

Or did you mean Dyslexia?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
  • edited 22 May 2019 at 9:32AM
    AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 22 May 2019 at 9:32AM
    Im guessing you mean HUB rather than SUB ??

If so, then the green light should not be continually flashing no ..
    That indicates it is scanning for a WPS connection .. That is not good security wise ..

I would call VM because talking you through it on here is going to be difficult at best

Edit : from the link you just posted yourself ...

"The lights will blink when the wireless access point is operating normally."

Seems you have nothing to worry about ;)
    Running with scissors since 1978 :)
  • edited 22 May 2019 at 12:40PM
    ChinoChino Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 22 May 2019 at 12:40PM
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Edit : from the link you just posted yourself ...

"The lights will blink when the wireless access point is operating normally."
    That's for either a Super Hub 2ac or Super Hub 2, not for a Hub 3.0 which, based on their link, is what the OP has.

Looking on the Virgin Media Community forum, this appears to be a not uncommon problem. Here's one (unhelpful) thread:
    https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-Wi-Fi-light-flashing-green/m-p/3950505
  • AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chino wrote: »
    That's for either a Super Hub 2ac or Super Hub 2, not for a Hub 3.0 which, based on their link, is what the OP has.

That was quoted directly from the link the OP posted. and is entitled Hub3 .. How do you come to the conclusion that it is anything other than that ?
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was quoted directly from the link the OP posted. and is entitled Hub3 .. How do you come to the conclusion that it is anything other than that ?

The text you quoted isn't from the part of the web page that relates to Hub3, it's actually from sections headed Super Hub 2ac, Super Hub 2 and Super Hub. And it's definitely not normal behaviour for a Hub3, but...

As it happens, mine has been flashing for about 2 months now with no ill effects, I always meant to check with the Virgin forum but never quite got round to it, and now I don't need to!
  • AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    agrinnall wrote: »
    The text you quoted isn't from the part of the web page that relates to Hub3, it's actually from sections headed Super Hub 2ac, Super Hub 2 and Super Hub. And it's definitely not normal behaviour for a Hub3, but...
    !

Ah sorry I must have missed that :o

The OP has changed the link now so i cant go back and check but you have proved trustworthy in the past so i believe you ;)
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah sorry I must have missed that :o

The OP has changed the link now so i cant go back and check but you have proved trustworthy in the past so i believe you ;)

I think the page covers all models of hub, but the link the OP gave was direct to the sub heading for Hub3. Here's the link again, if you scroll up a bit you can see all the flavours of hub are listed. [Actually, I don't think the OP has changed the link, it's exactly the same as mine]

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean#hub3