Number Witheld but being provided and stored.

Options
2»

Comments

• DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Chino wrote: »
    Do you seriously believe that title deeds change hands based on nothing more than someone asking for one over a telephone?

Perhaps not as simply as that ... but it does happen. Check out the Housing board. That's why LR offer a (free) email notification service that notifies you when the details held by LR change for any property you've requested notification on.
  • ibruceuk
    Options
    Despite you withholding your number it does still get sent - withholding it sets a 'flag' to not pass it on to the final destination - my own PBXes receive all but the last digit of withheld numbers from the TelCo - so it is entirely possible that the Land Registry systems receive the full number as their PBX is much larger than the ones I run and would have direct trunks. (although they shouldn't).
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,797 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am sorry that your experience made you feel that we had acted covertly. That is never our intention.

When you call the 0300 number you will hear the following as part of the welcome message
    Hello and welcome to HM Land Registry. To maintain customer service and quality standards, calls may be recorded.
    During the call, you will be asked for your name and contact details.
    The security and confidentiality of all personal data is maintained in accordance with our Personal Information Charter.’

You can view the ‘Land Registry Personal Information Charter’ on GOV.UK’.

This has been in place since the end of May 2018 so when you called us the first time, a few months ago, your details should have been recorded inc your number and the name provided. When you rang again we would have seen that detail although we may ask you to confirm as well.
    If a number has been successfully withheld or you do not share it when asked then we would not have the number to store.

We only use the name/number for enquiry management to make the caller’s experience better should they contact us again and to reduce the time needed to deal with the call as appropriate.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure