PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Property Lease/Moving House Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There would usually be a plan attached to a lease. Is there one and does it show the loft or just the habitable rooms below the loft?
  • dodds23
    dodds23 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

I believe I have the full lease and there is no plan attached to it. Well, there is but it doesn't have a floor plan etc & doesn't distinguish the roof I'm afraid. The lease is 35 years old.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dodds23 wrote: »
    I believe I have the full lease and there is no plan attached to it. Well, there is but it doesn't have a floor plan etc
    And is the plan referred to in the lease? I'm wondering how you know it's the correct lease if it doesn't contain any description of the property.
  • dodds23
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.

Well, on the front of it it says :

LEASE RE property situate at 3a royal hunt house and garage Fernbank road.

The lease makes no reference to what's in the property or how many bedrooms or anything such like.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dodds23 wrote: »
    on the front of it it says :

LEASE RE property situate at 3a royal hunt house and garage Fernbank road.

The lease makes no reference to what's in the property or how many bedrooms or anything such like.
    And it has a plan attached, but none of the words in the lease mention the plan?
  • dodds23
    Options
    The only mention of the 'plan attached' is :

ALL THAT first and second floor maisonette forming part of the property (property being shop below) as the same is more particularly delineated on the plan attached hereto and thereon edged red the horizontal dividing line between the maisonette and the part of the property thereunder being immediately above the top of the joists on which the floors of the said maisonette are laid TOGETHER with the garage also shown edged red on the said plan and in both cases (for the purposes of obligation as well as grant) including the glass of any windows and window frames and door frames and the interior faces of the walls bounding the demised premises and the floor and ceiling thereof but excluding the main structural parts and the external parts of the property and the roof and foundations thereof.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure