Driver reversed into me from driveway

Options
124»

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What you and others are repeatedly saying is that the OP was (at least partially) at fault for not having moved out of the way.
    No, you're inferring that. I am not implying it - any more than you would be "(at least partially) at fault" for being run over on the pedestrian crossing.

As you say, there's a difference between simply shaking your head at the stupidity of others then getting on with your day, and sitting there in a damaged car (or ambulance) smug in having been in the right.
  • Ergates
    Ergates Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Walescars wrote: »
    You seem to have some really great advice - wondering if anyone can help me?

Recently. Whilst stationary in a car park awaiting to manoeuvre into a spot someone reversed (without looking) and hit right into me! Couldn’t even react in time! Got out and he even admitted that he wasn’t looking. Exchanged details - (there were many witnesses as it’s a small town)

Currently. He is trying to avoid going through his insurance and has even said to me he doesn’t get how he hit me (he very widely and quickly swung out) also, he is insistent on his friend doing the work for cheap!

Can anyone please help me?? Just to clarify that I am in no means at fault? He has even suggested me contributing in the payment to repair me car??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

First piece of advice: Start a new thread. People might open this, see it's several weeks old and close it without getting to your question.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Ergates wrote: »
    First piece of advice: Start a new thread. People might open this, see it's several weeks old and close it without getting to your question.

Looks like that post you quoted has been nuked.

That said ... second piece of advice (to that poster): don't spam the forum with the same post in several threads. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure