New Post Advanced Search

Estate Planning and IHT

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
3 replies 542 views
seb2020seb2020 Forumite
17 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
[FONT=&quot]I would like to understand about estate planning and ways to minimise any taxes that my family may have to pay following my passing and I am not sure where to begin.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Once I have a better understanding of estate planning and IHT I may then decide to pay to see a solicitor or regulated financial advisor but only if this is necessary.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other than searching the internet are there any worthwhile books you could recommend that may give a clear overview of estate planning and IHT?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I know the answer to this question is pretty obvious to many however in a nut shell, what is the required process for estate planning and minimising IHT?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have saved for retirement and own my home therefore is it a case for example of reducing assets including savings right down to “X” amount by the age of say 85?
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would like to think that I have sufficient money into old age and will not have to spend it all by my mid to late 80s (if I reach that age) to minimise IHT etc.[/FONT]

Replies