I received someone else’s order, now the seller wants me to post it to the correct customer

Options
2»

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2019 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Tell them to contact you and let you know exactly when their courier will be picking it up, at a time convenient to you, as you have a very full diary.do not make any more efforts
    I'd be inclined to tell them you don't drive and have no transport.
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Rainbowgirl84 Posts: 1,175 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Tell them to contact you and let you know exactly when their courier will be picking it up, at a time convenient to you, as you have a very full diary.do not make any more efforts
    I'd be inclined to tell them you don't drive and have no transport.

...whereas I and many others would try and be helpful instead of obstructive.
  • hollydays
    edited 18 May 2019 at 6:22PM
    Options
    ...whereas I and many others would try and be helpful instead of obstructive.
    Yes, I well remember the last time I received a crate of wine I hadn't ordered . The company didn't act on two phone calls I made, then suggested I carry it to my neighbour..
    You will learn..
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Yes, I well remember the last time I received a crate of wine I hadn't ordered . The company didn't act on two phone calls I made, then suggested I carry it to my neighbour..
    You will learn..

Really? I've had a few misdelivered items...it wasn't difficult to unite them with the right people and was happy to do so....it was easier than messing around an d doing what you suggest.
  • hollydays
    edited 18 May 2019 at 10:00PM
    Options
    Really? I've had a few misdelivered items...it wasn't difficult to unite them with the right people and was happy to do so....it was easier than messing around an d doing what you suggest.

I don't have a crystal ball, glad you do.The only messing around is by the supplier.
    Lug a case of wine on foot, partly uphill when the supplier only needed to contact the buyer?
  • mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry, but the wine would have been chucked in a corner for a year awaiting collection.
    If not, party time!
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

How many of your misdelivered items did the sender expect you to send on to a random third party, at your own cost, whilst still awaiting the actual item you had ordered from them?

I'd wager zero.

There is absolutely nothing to guarantee the OP will get their extra spending on postage back, at the absolute minimum the retailer should be paying for this in advance. If the item then gets lost or damaged in the post the OP suddenly finds themself responsible for having to claim for it on the buyers behalf.

Why on earth would they want to get involved in the potential hassle?
  • Rainbowgirl84
    Options
    How many of your misdelivered items did the sender expect you to send on to a random third party, at your own cost, whilst still awaiting the actual item you had ordered from them?

I'd wager zero.

There is absolutely nothing to guarantee the OP will get their extra spending on postage back, at the absolute minimum the retailer should be paying for this in advance. If the item then gets lost or damaged in the post the OP suddenly finds themself responsible for having to claim for it on the buyers behalf.

Why on earth would they want to get involved in the potential hassle?

You'd lose the bet...there's been two one added a little bit extra for my trouble and the other gave me a total refund and insisted I kept the item when it was eventually delivered.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure