Forum Home » House Buying, Renting & Selling

Surveyor required for Help to buy equity

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Surveyor required for Help to buy equity

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
3 replies 204 views
MaDMaX**MaDMaX** Forumite
34 posts
Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
as title states,

after any recommendations for a Surveyor, in the Trowbridge/Wiltshire Area, who can do a valuation for my Help to buy equity loan as going through a remortgage,

I got quotes from White Horse Surveyors and Allied Surveyors, both reasonable quotes around £300

but checked reviews on trust pilot for both are not good, !

so thinking i need to spend my money elsewhere,

Replies

• SuperHanSuperHan Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just had a full structural survey done by Allied Surveyors - instructed 9 days ago, received report today.

I did actually ring a local surveyor, but they were part of the Allied Surveyors network so correspondence has been with them.

They've been great, the guy has been really friendly, amenable to our questions and the report seems thorough. I would recommend.
  • MaDMaX**MaDMaX** Forumite
    34 posts
    Ninth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    SuperHan wrote: »
    I've just had a full structural survey done by Allied Surveyors - instructed 9 days ago, received report today.

I did actually ring a local surveyor, but they were part of the Allied Surveyors network so correspondence has been with them.

They've been great, the guy has been really friendly, amenable to our questions and the report seems thorough. I would recommend.

ah ok, thanks thats good to know, will hold out until Monday and see if anyone else comments, but, think Allied it is then, :)
  • Tom99Tom99 Forumite
    5.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt many people would think about writing a positive report on Trust Pilot for a surveyor, its not the most exiting thing to buy therefore most comments are likely to be negative.