New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Getting a ccj set aside

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
3 replies 441 views
Mcleman121Mcleman121 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
I recently paid off a ccj I had, which was issued by default as they had my old address. and it is now down as satisfied. I was informed by Lowell's that the letters regarding the ccj were sent back to them (return to sender from my old address).

I was informed by my mortgage advisor that I could apply to get the ccj set aside, to which I have now contacted the court about. I was just wandering what the success rate is with regards to getting them set aside. I would rather not waste the £225 if it is a rarity getting them set aside.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank s

Replies

• AndyPixAndyPix Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    What would be your reason for having it set aside ? (Welcome to MSE by the way)
    Running with scissors since 1978 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    If you've already paid it off why are you now looking to get it set-aside?
  • edited 17 May 2019 at 7:04PM
    Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2019 at 7:04PM
    What date was the CCJ? And what date did you satisfy the judgement?

Why would you pay the set aside fee when you have already settled the account by paying the full balance?

Is the CCJ showing as "satisfied" on your credit files?
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley: