New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Speeding fine in UK

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
4 replies 230 views
lamby12345lamby12345 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Can anyone help?!

I went though a speed camera on Sunday 28th April, I was doing 41mph in a 30mph zone (😬). I received a notice on Friday 3rd May saying this was my speed and that I’ve got £100 fine and 3 points in my licence with no mention of a speed awareness course first (this is my first speeding fine, don’t they offer that first?). There was something in there about a conditional offer when I send the paperwork back after it’s been filled out. I sent the form back on the same day through the letterbox and still haven’t heard anything, today is 17th May. What do I do?

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as this is not a private parking charge , post over on pepipoo fightback forums in their section for these topics

do NOT use a hotmail address, use gmail or similar for signup
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are under no obligation to offer a course and if this was in Scotland you won't get one. It sounds like you weren't offered one.

Make sure you return all paperwork promptly.
    This space for hire.
  • Johno100Johno100 Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    waamo wrote: »
    They are under no obligation to offer a course and if this was in Scotland you won't get one. It sounds like you weren't offered one.

They can't offer one (if available) until the OP as registered keeper has confirmed who was driving.
    waamo wrote: »
    Make sure you return all paperwork promptly.

They say they did on the same day.
  • edited 17 May 2019 at 10:18AM
    waamowaamo Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 May 2019 at 10:18AM
    Johno100 wrote: »
    They can't offer one (if available) until the OP as registered keeper has confirmed who was driving.

They say they did on the same day.

I'm not entirely sure what the op means by this
    There was something in there about a conditional offer

It would help if they knew if that was the nomination form or the actual COFP. I was guessing it was the latter but on reflection it may not have been.

As with all legal stuff it pays to actually read it.
    This space for hire.