IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Speeding fine in UK

Options
Can anyone help?!

I went though a speed camera on Sunday 28th April, I was doing 41mph in a 30mph zone (😬). I received a notice on Friday 3rd May saying this was my speed and that I’ve got £100 fine and 3 points in my licence with no mention of a speed awareness course first (this is my first speeding fine, don’t they offer that first?). There was something in there about a conditional offer when I send the paperwork back after it’s been filled out. I sent the form back on the same day through the letterbox and still haven’t heard anything, today is 17th May. What do I do?

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    as this is not a private parking charge , post over on pepipoo fightback forums in their section for these topics

do NOT use a hotmail address, use gmail or similar for signup
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They are under no obligation to offer a course and if this was in Scotland you won't get one. It sounds like you weren't offered one.

Make sure you return all paperwork promptly.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    They are under no obligation to offer a course and if this was in Scotland you won't get one. It sounds like you weren't offered one.

They can't offer one (if available) until the OP as registered keeper has confirmed who was driving.
    waamo wrote: »
    Make sure you return all paperwork promptly.

They say they did on the same day.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 17 May 2019 at 10:18AM
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    They can't offer one (if available) until the OP as registered keeper has confirmed who was driving.

They say they did on the same day.

I'm not entirely sure what the op means by this
    There was something in there about a conditional offer

It would help if they knew if that was the nomination form or the actual COFP. I was guessing it was the latter but on reflection it may not have been.

As with all legal stuff it pays to actually read it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure