IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Of Claim BW Legal

13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Please edit all posts where you've called them 'PREMIER PARKING LTD'. I've now seen it more than once (please edit all instances) and you are confusing us all about whether this is:

Premier Park (I reckon so), but since you used the wrong name twice, it could be:

Premier Parking Solutions Ltd, (an IPC firm) or

Premier Parking (London) Ltd (a smaller BPA member)
    Unfortunately the date on the letter says October 2015 but there are only images for July 2015 which has no signage there whatsoever and September 2016 when there is some parking signs (nothing with premier parking’s logos though from what I can make out).
    Why is that unfortunate? It's great!

That gives you evidence that the regime was either not fully signed in October, or was new just weeks before. Now, research what the 2015 old BPA CoP said about new parking restrictions needing extra signs!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have just checked the letters and It is Premier Park. I have amended the posts as requested.

I will have a look around regarding the extra signage.

Thanks again!
  • Jeden
    Our operations director has written the letter and I will post it first class recorded today.

Shall I get her to email it to them also to ensure there can be no slip ups before the 1st of June?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    no such thing as FIRST CLASS RECORDED, its called SIGNED FOR now

in any case, we do NOT recommend anyone send a PPC a letter by any recorded method, because a lot of them use PO BOXES with nobody able to sign for the company, plus in any case they could refuse to sign if anyone was present, meaning you only have proof of a non-delivery (not what you want)

send it with a free PROOF OF POSTING certificate from the P O Counter and attach said receipt to a copy of the actual letter and keep it safe, that is all that is required in law and is cheaper too (it is deemed "delivered" 2 days later)

yes an email can also be sent , with an attachment of the letter, stating that a mailed copy is in the post as well

but do not send "recorded"
  • Jeden
    I meant proof of posting sorry.

I know not to send it signed for etc.

I'll get her to send an email copy of the letter also.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    excellent

bear in mind that accuracy could win this, so its important not to be doing something that should not be done , nor say something that should not be said

in this game , subterfuge and "smarts" may well triumph, but going "off piste" can cost you dear, hence why we are so pedantic in our replies

better to be right first time , every time , than be wrong and trying to rescue the dogs breakfast after its been eaten by the dog

good luck
  • Jeden
    I don't mind the pedantic nature of the replies. I am grateful for the help.

Slightly annoyed at myself for sending the initial reply direct from me, however glad to be back on track and will follow your instructions from here on in.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The important thing is the company extracts themselves from this, so emailing and posting a transfer of liability letter (and keeping proof of both, in the form of a printed out or saved copy of the 'sent' email, plus certificate of posting receipt stapled to a printed copy of the letter) is vital.

They should also attach some sort of proof of you being the lessee, so is there a statement or lessee agreement you signed ages ago? Include that with the letter.

Then, you will receive something in your name as hirer/lessee and can defend this yourself, with our help. I bet the PPC don't go back to the stage they should, and send you a Notice to Hirer. And you can then use that against them when defending!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Jeden
    I have my signed work contract which sets out the details of the company vehicle if required.

I have posted the letter out today and printed and saved a copy and put the receipt on it along with the other correspondence they have sent me.

Once again I can’t express how grateful I am to you guys for taking the time to help. Not only me but everybody else who falls foul to these abhorrent people.

I will keep you updated as soon as I receive something through the post or anything else they send.
  • Jeden
    Just a quick update.

Work received a letter from BW Legal apologising and saying the matter was on hold while their “client” investigated the matter.

I am still yet to receive anything at my home address. It’s been over a month and a half since I sent BW Legal the letter so fingers crossed they realise I won’t accept it without a fight and back off. However nothing surprises me with these parasites.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure