Damage to trampoline from neighbour's car!

Options
2»

Comments

• almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely storm round to your neighbour's house and make him spring for the damage. Also, when the Yaris hit your trampoline, surely it would bounce - where to?
  • jk0
    jk0 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    debtdebt wrote: »
    I've got a lovely big 12ft trampoline securely positioned in my back garden. This weekend, my neighbour's Toyota Yaris either rolled or got blown through my face

And you're worried about the trampoline? :)
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    Two "passengers" on the trampoline at the time. Mild whiplash. They've been to see a No Win No Fee lawyer.

Unfortunately my trampoline isn't garden worthy so I've got a like for like one on credit hire.
  • k6chris
    k6chris Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm thinking of leasing or PCPing a trampoline, which is better? I have a 3 year old trampoline now but I am worried that one of the springs might break. Can I use my existing trampoline as a ballon or do I need to pay for a new one, does it matter if I bounce more times than I said I would, will that make it cheaper?

Thanks.....
    "For every complicated problem, there is always a simple, wrong answer"
  • ginashamz
    ginashamz Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    Thankfully it wasn’t one of those so called “mighty M3s”.

One of them hit my trampoline last winter and you can bet the owner of the vehicle was a right arrogant sh*t.

Started going on about how his M3 is better than most road vehicles, when clearly they’re only paying for the badge!!
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    k6chris wrote: »
    I'm thinking of leasing or PCPing a trampoline, which is better? I have a 3 year old trampoline now but I am worried that one of the springs might break. Can I use my existing trampoline as a ballon or do I need to pay for a new one, does it matter if I bounce more times than I said I would, will that make it cheaper?

Thanks.....

Definitely use it as a balloon. I did just that and couldn't be happier. A man from Kwik Fit came, tied a knot in the bottom, filled it with hot air and now it is sailing around 80 feet untethered above my house.

He said it's the best thing and next week he will come back and give it an exhaust that wasn't designed to go on it that I will struggle to afford. I believe he can do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure