What a Year.....Climbing Back on the Wagon

Options

Comments

• Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Great to see you back , sorry to hear things have been up and down. Onwards and upwards now .
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good to see you back Mumblingtaff. Sorry to hear about your old dog. It's really hard losing a much loved pet as they do become so much part of your family. Well done on cracking the 10k...very impressive.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 May 2019 at 8:53PM
    Options
    Thank you Sunshine and Honeysuckle - great to see you both too!

I've tried the jeans on and they're both going back tomorrow- not very flattering even though they fit. Made my legs look like two Richmond sausages :)
    Clothes ready for tomorrow, packed lunch made, kitchen recleaned and night cream and body lotion on ready for bed. If I'm honest, I'm bored stiff - spending virtually all day in the house is too much for me. I'm a do-er ......
    Will watch something for an hour then try for an early night listening to an audiobook.

The only bit of exciting news is that I've enrolled the puppy in puppy training classes starting in July :) will be good for us both and get me out doing something I enjoy.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello XX

Glad to see you back and congratulations on the puppy, how lovely.

two and half months till the Summer sounds good. XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back

Sorry to hear you've had a few challenging months. My vets do a monthly package which includes vaccinations, flea and worming tablets and a couple of other bits - it might be worth checking if your vets do something similar.

Onwards and upwards

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thanks Buffy and Julie! I'll look into the vet package - I'm moving vets with this puppy as my dog passed away at the old one and I can't face going back there. The new vet is well recommended and closer to home so it should be ok.

A really busy day at work today - literally didn't stop all day and am quite tired now. Have a headache and a bad back too so will take some painkillers in a minute and hope that combined with some food that will do the trick. No running today unfortunately- need to rest the niggly back.

I have a late parent meeting tomorrow so it will be a long day, probably won't get away until after 6.30, so I took the opportunity to leave by 4 tonight.
    Managed to pop to Next on the way home and return the 2 pairs of jeans - £50 back in my account :)

I've downloaded a couple of free gym passes since being home - will give me something to do on the weekends until the puppy arrives - there's two different gyms, one is a 3 day pass and the other a one day pass. Just need to avoid the sales pitches ;)
    I think I'll also go to see The Hustle this weekend using one of the free cinema tickets I have from the bank. Saw the trailer last week when I went to watch Long Shot and it looks quite light and daft. Might see if an old friend I haven't seen for ages is free and would like to come - she loves the cinema.

I'm trying to fill my time so I don't dwell on the OH situation too much.
    I'm working on Saturday morning doing some revision with the kids - exams start next week - so along with a run and some chores that's Saturday sorted out.

I think tea tonight will be some soya pieces in sweet chilli sauce with stir fry veg and noodles to use up bits in the fridge. There should be enough to put away for a second meal so it's an easy tea for later in the week.
    Just realised that it's been a no spend day today and I'm not going out tonight so it should stay that way :)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is not really the same Mumble, but I recently had a difficult situation, I have filled so much of my time up so I don't dwell (ok, people who read my diary might think I am ;) ) This weekend - night out, followed by Saturday School, followed by house sitting with a mate. So it is a good plan Big hugs XXXXX I too am off to bed early XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Long day yesterday - eventually got home after 7 and was shattered.
    Made it through another bonkers day today though and now it's the weekend :)

Been for a walk since being home - still can't get out of the habit even though there's no dog at the moment but I suppose that's not a bad thing.
    2 weeks today and puppy comes home - can't wait....

No big plans for this evening - going to have a glass of wine, a nice soak in the bath and watch some telly. I'm working tomorrow morning and am tired so a quiet night is in order.

I get paid on Wednesday and am trying to economise until then so it will be a frugal weekend - there's enough food in and I have plenty of little jobs to do to keep me quite occupied and have free cinema tickets for when I get really bored.
    I really need to do two runs too - was hoping to go tonight but my legs are tired after standing all day at work so went for a walk instead.
    Nothing much to report on the spending front - bought a cheap bottle of wine and bag of crisps tonight, £7 spent.

I finished watching a new series on Netflix last night called Dead To Me - it's really good and would recommend it . The episodes are only 30 mins long too so you can watch a couple back to back. Listening to a Val McDermid audiobook at the moment too - I really like her writing but I'm not super keen on the narrator's voice - he's too posh for the characters!
    Anyway, it's Gogglebox night - my absolute favourite programme. Sadly, I watch or record it every week!

Spoke to my family on the way home from work - they're unaware of the OH situation so I had to be a bit vague but I don't think they noticed. Talking of that, no change. Still estranged with no resolution or conclusion in sight. I'm trying not to focus on it and have a life of my own.
    But happily, the family all seem well and in good spirits so that's a blessing as they're getting on a bit now and dad is living with cancer. Mum and sister are visiting during half term to meet the new woofer - they're as excited as me :) They lost their little dog earlier this year too so are looking forward to the new addition and will look after him for me when I'm away with work or on holidays. Doggie Grandparents....

Trying to decide what to have for tea - I'm fancying halloumi cheese with something but might save it until I buy some more fresh salad. Yummy......squeaky cheese ;)

Right, going to head off into the bath and listen to a podcast .......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    Been up since before 5am - woke up and just couldn't sleep anymore.
    Watched a bit of telly and then went for a 5km run. Felt ok this morning so I'm glad I went. I actually quite enjoy it these days. It's a nice sunny still cold morning, so good running weather.
    Off to work at 9am until about 12 noon - doing it for the kids!! I don't get paid for weekends anymore so it really is a labour of love.....

Talking of jobs, a really good job has just been advertised quite close to home that I'm seriously considering applying for. It's right up my street and working across a trust of schools in an area that I've worked in before in the type of schools (i.e schools in deprived areas with lots of disadvantaged kids) that I enjoy. The closing date is Friday so I'm going to spend some time tomorrow really researching it and writing an application letter and can decide for definite later in the week. I'm quite excited at the thought of the job though......

Also, spoke at length last night to OH - some progress has been made and we're supposed to be meeting up later today to see if we can come to some resolution. We'll see .......

Right, I'm a sweaty mess and better get in the shower...... Not a good look at the moment..... ;)
  • triple_choc_chip
    triple_choc_chip Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hey MT, good to see you back, so sorry about Poochie, he had the best and longest life possible with you and I’m sure the new one will too. Have you chosen a different breed?

I’ve told you before how you inspire me, well since your last diary I’ve done the C25K programme and can now run 4k in 30 minutes. That’s all from reading about your efforts and I still can’t believe I’ve gone from breathless after 1 minute to lasting out for 30, so now I’m saying thanks again for the inspiration in your new diary. :D.
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £107/£365 29.3%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £6.9k/£63.1k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of ice-cream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure