Draught free cat flap?

Options
I'm not sure if this is the best place for my query, but I'll give it a go & see if anybody has any advice.

I'm going to be moving soon & will need to have a cat flap installed for his lordship. I've had Staywell cat flaps fitted in my last properties, but have to say in this house I've really noticed the draught in the colder weather that comes through the cat flap I had fitted in the patio door. So with this in mind I'm wondering if anybody can recommend a good draught free cat flap so that I don't have the same problem in the future? I'm not sure there is such a thing, but I live in hope. :o
The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.

Comments

• scottishsuz
    Options
    Good question. I was thinking the same thing this morning standing next to mine with bare feet, brr...
    [STRIKE]Student Loan = 798 @ Jan 2013 Target date to clear = 2013 DONE [/STRIKE]
    Mortgage= [STRIKE]38100 @ Feb 2013 Target date to clear = 2026[/STRIKE], 33044 @ April 2015, New target date = Jan 2025
    Credit card = 3300 @ April 2015 Target date to clear = April 2016

Debt free nerd no. 540. Proud to be dealing with my debts :)
  • eira
    eira Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    I have just had another cat flap broken-by the cats. Mine never seem to last long (the flaps that is).There is a cat flap that operates using the cat's microchip-anyone experience of this one ?
  • horza
    horza Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find Staywell catflaps to be of appalling quality, in design, contruction and quality of materials. Basically v.poor value for money and in fact had a cat break in through our last magnetic locked one.

The one we have now is a Cat Mate, far superior bit of kit. Much better quality all round, several versions available i believe. We have the standard size electromagnetic version and we and the cats are very happy with it.

HTH

H
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family