We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

DawnJG

Hi,
I have found that I had PPI on a loan I took out in 2005 however it had a three month deferred payment offer on it and I repaid the loan plus charges of £641 just before the first payment was due. So in effect I didn't make any monthly payments and don't know if the charges would have included anything for the PPI..... it doesn't seem like I could make a claim to me but would anyone be able to offer me any advice about this? I can't find anything online which covers this type of scenario and am pretty confident that if I contact the lender they'll say no regardless. It's also over the time frame for them to have the original paperwork although I have proof of the payment set up and my receipt for the loan repayment.
Many Thanks

Comments

  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    DawnJG wrote: »
    am pretty confident that if I contact the lender they'll say no regardless.

    Your confidence is misplaced, I'm afraid.

    Ask them if you paid PPI and then put in your complaint if you have one.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    500 Posts
    Generally speaking if your loan had deferred payments and you repaid within that period then you are correct, no PPI would’ve been paid - keep in mind PPI is paid to protect your repayments should you be unable to work, whilst there are no repayments there is no PPI.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.