New Post Advanced Search

BLue Badge Autism / Hidden Disabilities 2019 changes

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
16 replies 4.2K views
2»

Replies

• JuzaMumJuzaMum Forumite
    421 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Rampant Recycler I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭
    I thought I would follow up by saying we have been awarded a Blue Badge much to my surprise. I was expecting to have to appeal. I am very pleased as it will make life so much easier.
  • LocoLocoLocoLoco Forumite
    344 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    JuzaMum wrote: »
    I thought I would follow up by saying we have been awarded a Blue Badge much to my surprise. I was expecting to have to appeal. I am very pleased as it will make life so much easier.

That's great news, it's always nice to read someone's getting a bit of help :) We'd find it useful as well although we do have a bus pass so sometimes it's easier to take the bus and avoid the parking problems :) Glad yours has come through :)
  • 50Twuncle50Twuncle Forumite
    10.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The authority we come under currently will only issue a BB if you have higher DLA mobility..

Wrong - I get a blue badge based on zero DLA mobility - As do ALL authorities - I applied under the criteria "....have very considerable difficulty when walking (both the physical act and experience of walking)..."
    I was assessed, five years ago and now just receive the replacement "automatically"..
    Things may (or may not) get better
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Wrong - I get a blue badge based on zero DLA mobility - As do ALL authorities - I applied under the criteria "....have very considerable difficulty when walking (both the physical act and experience of walking)..."
    I was assessed, five years ago and now just receive the replacement "automatically"..
    It does depend on the criteria of your local council. All councils are different, if you don't automatically qualify.
  • Bananas123Bananas123 Forumite
    311 posts
    blue badge would be needed for carers and they themselves will not be eligable... hence awarding (as guess).
  • maxkinsmaxkins Forumite
    26 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    worth noting that in my area the applications are processed within 6 weeks under normal conditions. on 30th august there will be a huge surge in applications so that processing time could double.
    mini money saving noob