Forum Home » Motoring » Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

County court claim if no response in 30 days

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

County court claim if no response in 30 days

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
19 replies 600 views
ATK86ATK86 Forumite
10 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with advice regarding non-payment of parking tickets allegations dated back to 2015. Total Parking Solutions have instructed BW Legal to claim an alleged outstanding balance £460:00 on their behalf.

They state that a vehicle failed to display a valid pay and display ticket or the ticket had expired on 3 separate occasions. With one allegation of a vehicle not displaying a valid permit. All these alleged offences took place at a college car park where I was a student at the time.

The letter states that court proceedings are about to commence if no response is given before 3/6/19. The letters do look official, they have attached income and expenditure forms, which after reading other topics I know not to fill in.

Can anyone help me with the correct course of action to take now? Should I respond to Total Parking Solutions or BW Legal?

Is it worth making a complaint directly with my old college at this stage or too late?

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    28.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread (this comes up daily on here, so the path is well worn already)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum. We will help of course but you need to read the stickies first.

What do you need to know that's not in post #2 of the NEWBIES thread about this stage?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Beth96jadeBeth96jade Forumite
    1 posts
    Hi,

Think we’re in the same boat! I received a letter like this yesterday due to unpaid parking fines which happened 3 years ago at the uni!

I’ve been advised going to a solicitors but other than that I don’t really know if I have a case to stand.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been advised going to a solicitors
    You were advised wrong. And don't ask the CAB either.

Please read my post #3 above yours. You need to click back to the sticky threads.

And read the signature under all my posts that you seem to have missed (not visible in a phone, so no trying to see this forum on a tiny little screen, it doesn't work well).
  • ATK86ATK86 Forumite
    10 posts
    Can someone please help me, I've read the newbies sticky threads and many others similar to mine from BW Legal. With the claim date now closer it states that the cost will increase to £644 if so.

I feel I do not have a defense as the parking tickets were so long ago (2015) I cannot think of anything that would be sufficient. Should I just pay the original £460 and be done with it. I have a lot going on right now and do not need all this hassle.
  • edited 15 May 2019 at 11:58PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2019 at 11:58PM
    parking tickets allegations dated back to 2015. Total Parking Solutions have instructed BW Legal to claim an alleged outstanding balance £460:00 on their behalf.

Can someone please help me, I've read the newbies sticky threads and many others similar to mine from BW Legal. With the claim date now closer it states that the cost will increase to £644 if so.

I feel I do not have a defense as the parking tickets were so long ago (2015) I cannot think of anything that would be sufficient. Should I just pay the original £460 and be done with it. I have a lot going on right now and do not need all this hassle.

Hahaha, of course you don't have to pay to settle this rubbish scam.

The 'hassle' of sending JUST TWO emails for now, is SURELY worth it to save such a large sum of money over a con.

I can't understand, as you found this forum 2 weeks ago now, why you haven't just read all the other BW Legal LBC threads? Everyone else in your shoes is getting on fine. In the past 2 weeks alone, we've had loads of posts here about TPS.

We have been laughing about how often Tito (the MD of TPS) cancels the charges when people send a SAR to him, as the NEWBIES thread tells you to do.

Have you done that yet? Why are you letting time go by? Have you not read any threads like yours over the past two weeks - you really must.

Search the forum for TITO TPS or TITO SAR 2015 and have a laugh.

The NEWBIES thread tells you to send a SAR to TPS by email and shows a link to an example SAR.

It also tells you to reply to BW Legal in a second email, and you can use the version I wrote on 6th May in another BW Legal thread, as repeated on several BW Legal threads last week. that version robustly replies and buys you 30 days to hear Tito's reply about your PCNs.

Clue - he probably won't be able to produce a copy of ANY of the windscreen PCNs.

You really needed to read other threads as we can't type this on every single BW Legal TPS thread, again and again. You could have learned all this ten days ago just by reading other people's threads just like your one, about TPS.

Start now and read about Tito! Do a SAR!
  • ATK86ATK86 Forumite
    10 posts
    Ok, sorry for my lack of action/knowledge in this area. I have a lot going on in my personal life at the moment. Thank you for your response.

Is this a sufficient email to their DPO to request a SAR?

I have recently received a letter from BW Legal on your behalf stating you issue a claim to the sum of £460.00 from the driver of a car registration plate being **********

These parking notices allegedly date back to 2015, therefore I request a SAR as a minimum to view the details of the alleged breaches of contract. Please provide the following details

ALL photos taken
    All letters/emails sent and received, including any appeal correspondence earlier
    PDT machine record from the day, of payments made.
    All data held, all evidence you will rely on, and a full copy of the PCN, NTK
    Full list of all PCNs you consider are outstanding in reference to the case and/or this VRN, I remind you that any claim must be for all PCNs in one claim, not several separate claims.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    9.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a small point, you SUBMIT a SAR as the SAR in itself is a Subject Access Request but yes, that e-mail you are proposing should cover it.
  • ATK86ATK86 Forumite
    10 posts
    I also applied to have the parking notices removed with the college directly, their 'estates apprentice' responded stating they no longer have a contract with TPS, so are unable to assist with this matter.

She stated I would need to raise this directly with them.

Is this favorable in any way to myself regarding the notices? Is it worth complaining again to more senior management at the college?

The complaint was from the heart as you requested being the best course of action when contacting the landowners.
  • ATK86ATK86 Forumite
    10 posts
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    Just a small point, you SUBMIT a SAR as the SAR in itself is a Subject Access Request but yes, that e-mail you are proposing should cover it.

Done, thank you. Should I include my name and address in the email to allow them to send details by letter or allow email correspondence?