IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PENALTY Charge Notice Sticker with PARKING Charge Notice Inside!

Options
HungryAyy
HungryAyy Posts: 1 Newbie
I discovered a PENALTY Charge Notice yellow sticker with a camden issued PARKING charge notice inside on my car today in a Camden borough estate where I live.

From the research I have done thus far I believe this is what you call ALMO and the parking is enforced by NSL. Members on the forum have stated the process to appealing is different/complex, can anyone clarify the process for me?

Ticket:
hXXps://imgur.com/a/wVaHvKf

Coupon-Mad advised someone earlier in the month on this forum about NSL and to contact Steve Clark of BPA about the inability to pay online. The only instructions I have been given is to pay via telephone and appeals have to be postal. Excuse my lack of knowledge, this is the first time I have had to deal with a windscreen ticket but this ticket looks non compliant, incomplete and almost fraudulent. The 2 other occasions I have received ANPR tickets, I had the landowners successfully cancel them (Mcdonalds & Shell) so I have no experience going through appeals processes or popla.
Is there any benefit to appealing via post and putting a relatives return address which is different to the keeper/owner of the vehicle where I am still able to receive their reply without given up my address?

Backstory for those interested:
I have been a resident of this area for over 20+ years and I am fortunate enough to have a driveway (there are not many on the estate), I arrived home around 3am and there was a car unknown to me parked in my driveway, instead of sounding my horn waking up the neighbours as others do, I chose to park elsewhere careful to not park in someone's else marked bay, so I parked off the road on a paved area which is used by cars to access marked bays away from the road. I personally don't think I was obscuring access. I know it's not an excuse but it was dark, there is a lack of signs, and faded yellow lettering 'no parking' on similar colour dropped kerb.

hXXps://imgur.com/0jYSs3U

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,714 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 May 2019 at 7:43PM
    Options
    Coupon-Mad advised someone earlier in the month on this forum about NSL and to contact Steve Clark of BPA about the inability to pay online.
    No, the inability to APPEAL online, not PAY! There is a system error, is there not? Are you sure about this? Does the PCN only give a postal address not a portal?
    appeals have to be postal.
    Is there any benefit to appealing via post
    None at all, and if there is another way then use that instead - e.g. postal/online appeal that's not working, so complain to Steve Clark at the BPA if that's the case. we positively encourage complaints about PPCs.

You can certainly give another address when appealing as keeper, they won't know either way and it will prove whether they've got DVLA data if they continue to use that 'wrong' address for the Notice to Keeper later on.

You can post links, just not working ones! Break the URL link (change http to hxxp).

Have you tried a complaint to the Camden Borough Housing Association/ALMO?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure