Ppi on hp car

Hi all
My husband bought a car in 2005 on hp we specifically told the sales man we didn’t need payment protection due to my husband being in the marines so would get paid regardless
The sales man insisted we needed it
We have since tried to claim the ppi back but unable to find our agreement number we’ve sent a claim form to gmac but never heard anything back we have looked back on credit reports but nothing is showing our reference / any help advice on where to go now would be appreciated many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Did GMAC sell it to you?

When in 2005 was this?
  • Yes they did it was December 2005 the finance finished along with the added ppi in 2010
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 April 2019 at 10:29AM
    They probably don't have any records left after so long, but chase them for a response.

Did you actually send a 'claim form' though - or did you make a mis selling complaint? They're different things so you may have sent the wrong thing to the wrong company if you actually wanted to make a claim.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,784 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes they did it was December 2005 the finance finished along with the added ppi in 2010

Are you sure GMAC sold it to you, rather than a staff member in the car dealership?

Any which way, if they have no records left, this complaint isn't going anywhere. How were you intending on proving this allegation that you were forced to have it? Why did you not complain / cancel the policy at the time?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    It is very unusual for a finance provider to sell PPI on a debt arranged by a car dealer. Normally it is the car dealer that sells it.

Are you really sure that a member or representative of GMAC sold this and not the car dealer?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure