Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Excel parking fine

edited 29 April 2019 at 8:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
7 replies 355 views
MaymayMaymay Forumite
3 Posts
edited 29 April 2019 at 8:20PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi everyone. I apologise if this is covered else where. I find these threads very confusing.
A parking fine (anpr) from excel parking that is under the IPC code.
I thought fines had to be issued within 15 days, however this fine was issued in the £& for parking in the £&

Can anyone advise if this is a breach. I have looked ion IPC code but cannot see any reference to time to issue notice.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    first of all, its not a fine, and you should not disclose / guess as to the identity of the driver.
    no He/She/Husabnd/Wife/Sisiter/Brother or anything else.

Why was the vehicle issued a parking charge notice?
    overstay, if so roughly how long : 10 minutes or less? 15 minutes or less, 20 minutes or less 30 minutes or less, more than 30 minutes, more than an hour?

Whose car park was this? a store/shopping centre if so what ( this will help us to find out/know how successful a landowner cancellation may be or how to tackle the landowner)
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • MaymayMaymay Forumite
    3 Posts
    Hi thanks
    The overstay, I’m not sure, It says “the maximum period allowed at this site is Minutes” with no actual amount...I think the overstay was about 28 minutes.

It was a shipping centre car park. Menai shopping centre in Bangor, Wales
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    firstly, EDIT your post and remove the details of who the keeper and/or driver are

The DRIVER parked on the day , the KEEPER received the postal notice

then read the posts in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

the KEEPER appeals the NTK as KEEPER (no blabbing about who was driving) , using the blue text template

if the NTK did not come by day 15 following the event , EXCEL have failed POFA and so the keeper has no liability, hence what you thought

POFA tells you about those timescales and wordings (the law)

POFA
    is not mandatory, but if they fail it then the KEEPER is not liable for the charge (but the DRIVER is, hence why there is no blabbing)

EXCEL will turn down the appeal, than its do nothing and await court papers within 6 years

ideally , complain to the retailer ASAP and get this pcn cancelled (its not a "fine" - you made that up)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • edited 29 April 2019 at 8:21PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 April 2019 at 8:21PM
    Maymay wrote: »
    I thought fines had to be issued within 15 days, however this fine was issued in the 26/4 for parking in the 1/4.

Can anyone advise if this is a breach. I have looked in IPC code but cannot see any reference to time to issue notice.
    Odd - some poster last week looked and found stuff about issuing a NTK within 14 days.

No it doesn't void it, before you ask...

Maymay wrote: »
    Hi thanks
    The overstay, I’m not sure, It says “the maximum period allowed at this site is Minutes” with no actual amount...I think the overstay was about 28 minutes.

It was a shopping centre car park. Menai shopping centre in Bangor, Wales
    Complain to the retail park of course, as you would, as Excel won't cancel this otherwise and there is no appeal worth trying. IPC firms do not offer POPLA and there is NOTHING you can say that will make this scumbag ex-clamper firm cancel.

They and their sister company VCS sue people:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5989751

Seems the office junior at Excel and VCS (same office) hasn't been told to input the figure needed in the 'minutes' field. as that VCS court claim has the same error.

And no, that too doesn't void it, before you ask...

Get the Menai Management (Google it) or a Store Manager to cancel the scam.

It's the only way, so no weak 'please can you help?'

Them: ''NO'
    (you): ''OK then''

fob off!!

We mean a really strong complaint. If you are not robust at complaining use the friend/family member who is (you must know someone). You need this off your back and Excel will normally cancel within the first few weeks if a Store manager tells them to.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MaymayMaymay Forumite
    3 Posts
    Thank you I will contact them tomorrow. I am usually that family member 😂. I have no problem being forceful
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as you realise that there is NO WAY that EXCEL will cancel this of their own volition

and NO , there has been no breach , just a failure to follow POFA which they can ignore if they wish to (but then the keeper has a worthwhile defence in court because there is no keeper liabilty, no matter what the driver did or did not do)

the retailer or landowner cancellation is the only method to make this go away and not hang over your family for a possible 6 years of harassment and debt letters etc
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Half_wayHalf_way Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Get a photo of that sign, and as for complaining, make sure you get the terms correct, and say the right things.
    be polite and dont get too worked up, the management are probably clueless and think these are fines etc.
    If you are a regular, mention this, also mention that on that day you were doing a large shop/trip.

Its also useful to write down what you intend to say ( ie a script/bullet points) and it would also be helpful if you posted that on here as well, to avoid you shooting yourself in the foot
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.