The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

uSwitch App limitation?

Talldave
Talldave Posts: 2,002
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
Whilst I'm not a fan of apps for apps sake, I bit the bullet and installed the uSwitch app as I'm currently switching my gas through them and it tracks the switch progress.

This might be finger trouble on my part but, as far as I can tell, it's only showing me dual fuel deals, whereas my best savings come from splitting to separate suppliers, which is what I'm doing as a result of using their website.

Is it just me or has anyone else found this?

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    yes, quite a few of them won't show Gas only plans.

If you currently have gas and elec with different suppliers, it shouldn't be a problem. Just give them the old account number for the fuel you wish to switch.
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    AndyPK wrote: »
    yes, quite a few of them won't show Gas only plans.

If you currently have gas and elec with different suppliers, it shouldn't be a problem. Just give them the old account number for the fuel you wish to switch.
    What puzzled me is that the uSwitch website allows you to toggle between dual fuel and individual fuels - and it was that feature that showed me I was better off splitting.

But the uSwitch app seems to show only dual fuel - perhaps because it knows I am currently on dual fuel.

A bit weird, therefore, that you potentially miss the best deals using the app.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure