Broadband not so good now it's fibre extra

Options
We upgraded our broadband with Plusnet from fibre to the next better fibre - wasn't really bothered for more speed but it seemed to come as part of the deal when we signed up for another year or so with them

Anyway, it's certainly faster but it seems to cut out occasionally a lot more than it used to prior to the change.

We notice this on our Now TV box and when I listen to the radio via my Google Home device.

Any ideas how best to address this? Shall I ring Plusnet? Should I ask them to put it back to the lower speed?

Thanks

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It takes up to ten days to stabilise after you switch to the faster product so expect it to drop in and out for a while while the exchange works out what the fastest is your line can support. You may be slightly borderline.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As said 10 days where it syncs down to a reliable speed for your line .
    Eg my last reinstall day one 50 meg then drops usually 1 am and continues until line is stable mine now 35 meg .
    However get in touch with PN if still drops after 14 days .
    When dropping does the router go off or is this a wifi problem ( usually customers fault )
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that but it's been quite a few weeks since the change was made to faster broadband.
    I've tried rebooting the router and, touch wood, it seems a fair bit better
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family