IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Wrong reg on ticket

Options
Hi,

I’ve recently received a PCN from smart parking limited, I was sure I paid for the parking. Anyway looking back through my email/text messages I found the receipt for parking from RingGo app which I used to pay for the parking.

This is where it gets confusing a few month ago I changed the registration on my car but never changed it on RingGo app, so when I’ve paid it’s the wrong reg obviously. I’ve got proof from dvla that the reg on PCN is the same car and was swapped from the reg on parking receipt.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I’ve just emailed smart parking and awaiting reply, but I won’t hold my breath... I’ve got copy of receipt and copy of registration swap, so I technically paid for the space and the company never made a loss.

Thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

#1 there explains why your individual circumstances make no difference

Follow the advice to there on when and how to appeal

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

If you have used your real name as your forum name then ask MSE to change it to something anonymous

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Read what Peter wishert, MP said recently in the House of commons about Smart Parking.

"I am sick and tired of receiving emails from people complaining about the behaviour of parking companies, telling me that they will never again visit Perth city centre because of the negative experience they had when they had the misfortune to end up in a car park operated by one of these companies. I have received more complaints about one car park in the city of Perth than about any other issue. That car park is operated by the lone ranger of the parking cowboys: the hated and appalling Smart Parking—I see that many other Members are unfortunate enough to have Smart Parking operating in their constituencies. It has reached the stage where one member of my staff now spends a good part of each day just helping my constituents and visitors to my constituency to navigate the appeals process.

The BPA does not have the ability to regulate these companies and has shown no sign whatsoever that it is trying to get on top of some of the sharper practices. The BPA gives a veneer of legitimacy to some of the more outlandish rogue operators by including them in their membership, allowing them to continue to operate. The Bill will oblige operators such as Smart Parking to amend their practices."

Have you told them of the change of registration? If so, and they continue to pursue you get your MP on board.

Parliament are vey familiar with the MO of this company and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, and persistent offenders denied access. Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers.

Until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve just emailed smart parking and awaiting reply,
    Please don't tell us you've come here AFTER blabbing who parked?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure