New Post Advanced Search

DRO and credit file?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
12 replies 1.5K views
2»

Replies

• fatbellyfatbelly Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Cashback Cashier Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the npower advisor said it would look better on my credit file if I settle the bill rather than leave it to the DRO.

That adviser needs training - you should complain.
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    20.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not actively paying the debts in the DRO as I can't, I just wondered if there was any way of cancelling and repaying,

The damage is now done, you cannot reverse it, it seems you were either given very bad advice, or you mis-understood what was been said to you.

It would be better now to allow the DRO to complete, that way it takes care of the debt, which is one less worry.

Time will heal your credit file, the further back in time negative information is, the less effect it will have on you.

You cannot reverse what has happened now, its immpossible, i would not rock the boat otherwise you will open up a whole new world of hurt for yourself.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.