Credit Report from Abroad

Options
Hello,

I'm trying to access my credit report from abroad, I only moved abroad just over a year ago and still have my UK bank accounts etc. Is there a way through Experian or one of the other credit report companies to get a report?

Thanks.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can get all three reports for free by subscribing via the following sites:

For Experian = MSE Credit Club
    For Equifax = Clearscore
    For TransUnion = Noddle

Edit: And welcome to the forum :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • vicki_ireland87
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the reply.

As far as I can see, all three of these require a UK address just to sign up in the first place, I can't even call them to get further information without signing up and again, that needs a UK address. Is there a way around this that I am missing?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Nope.
    If you’re not in the UK anymore then you should also close any accounts that don’t allow you to hold them whilst abroad too.
    Have you informed banks etc that you’ve moved and provided your overseas address?
  • vicki_ireland87
    Options
    Hi, yes, this is all sorted and all banks told of new address. Thanks though.
  • Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As far as I can see, all three of these require a UK address just to sign up in the first place, I can't even call them to get further information without signing up and again, that needs a UK address...
    I believe they only use an address for identity verification purposes. I believe you could use your old UK address for verification without any negative repercussion. :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you’re no longer residing here then you shouldn’t have any kind of current or on-going credit history.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    If you’re no longer residing here then you shouldn’t have any kind of current or on-going credit history.

Why not? What do people do when they switch to a buy to let mortgage, rent out their house and go travelling abroad?
  • gionnetto
    gionnetto Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    Why not? What do people do when they switch to a buy to let mortgage, rent out their house and go travelling abroad?

You can still keep your bank accounts when abroad, but if you are abroad for a long period of time you won't be considered a UK resident for fiscal reasons, and they might change you to another type of account, such as a basic one (as opposed to a current account).
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
    :eek:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport