buy to let investment

Options
12346»

Comments

• itwasntme001
    itwasntme001 Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I would not invest in London unless i found a really good deal eg something where you can add value and then let out.

Otherwise outside the south east is worth considering. Property looks quite cheap still in certain areas.

Dont listen to those who are so negative on property and promote stocks. If you know what you are doing (if not you can learn) you may find property to be better then stocks.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Regardless of whether "announcing a review that will conclude Labour should implement a 3% land tax" constitutes "announcing a 3% land tax", I hope no-one was seriously suggesting that property prices aren't subject to political risk, especially if Corbyn's Labour get in.

Personally I rather doubt that it will happen even if Corbyn does get in. It's not in the manifesto yet. And rejigging the entire council tax system seems to be a fight that is not worth the prize. Not only would Labour have to fight the blues and millions of property owners but they would also have to fight local council factions in their own party that would feel they weren't getting their fair share of the bonanza.

A wealth tax, on the other hand, is something the comrades could really get their teeth into. Hardly anybody will protest because nobody takes to the streets to protest about the plight of people with more than £1 million in wealth. When you have £1 million in the kitty you don't protest, you just move. (Now you know why Labour is so keen on Brexit.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure