PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Wednesday 24th April 2019

2»

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone,
    Been absent over Easter as it's been fairly hectic with everyone at home,had to have a catch up read yesterday.Hugs to those in need though I cant remember names apart from SO and her DM. x

Camelot hope you are feeling better soon,I've heard of a few people with that bug,& DGD was staying over on Sunday and was sick in the night and upset tum.She just lay on the sofa until she went home.I've never seen her look so pale and she didnt start back at school yesterday .
    Holly,hope you feel a bit brighter soon & glad you have seen your brother.
    DH made a start in the back garden over Easter taking down the woodshed and the 2m stretch of fence ready for if the council come to make the path next week.He has rebuilt it in the front garden but much lower.I had the task of stacking all the wood,it was easier for me being the shortest in the family :D I did it on my hands and knees.Mr Grumpy next door did his on Easter Monday.He had a trellis and a stone wall so it was a bit noisy and we went up to our friends for the afternoon :p. We havent done the fence on the other side as we were hoping the clematis would flower one last time before being murdered,but talking to Danny (nice neighbour) he said there are 2 birds nests in the trellis.There was last year too so he spoke to the council man yesterday who said they might have to delay until October :rotfl:,we had quite a chuckle about it but we aren't telling Mr Grumpy,we'll leave that to the council !
    I did a bit of decluttering clothes wise yesterday 10 items .I got my summer clothes out of the loft & was pleasantly surprised to find some that didnt fit last year are ok now :).Some jumpers etc now need to go up so shall carry on with that today, and wish you all a good day x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all, I have been reading along but not really felt much like posting. Things are resolving slowly. Nothing earth shattering has happened, just something that took me back to a very challenging time.

SO I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. Sending love to those who are struggling for whatever reason.

Today I'm going to clear some books for the charity shop.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • Gintotmelinda
    Gintotmelinda Posts: 1,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Afternoon all. Wet here now after a dull start to the day. John is improving every day. He enjoyed our walk to the shops at Imperial Park and our lunch.

Today nothing planned. It is chillier here and I am sitting here with my fleece on. I did enjoy the nice weather over Easter.

Well hugs to all and have a nice day.

Jane
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Afternoon all

I'm a bit late posting but we had the DGC here till 11am, then we dropped them at home and went on to pay our van storage fees. We decided to check the van while we were there and then the heavens opened, so we got soaked through :eek: ( and it's still raining heavily !) As we were wet we decided to go on to a local garden centre, where Mr Fix It bought me 2 more reed diffusers and he also bought a humorous birthday card for his friend, who will be 50 next week. I called in the local shop for the usual bread and milk on the way home.
    I have some tidying up / sorting and putting away to do this afternoon then it's feet up time :D. I have promised to do some X-boxing with the DGS and Mr Fix It tonight, as it appears they need my help to do a squad challenge with them. It's likely I'm needed just to make up the numbers :rotfl:

I cba to cook tonight, so I'll have beans on toast with grated cheese on top and Mr Fix it has requested a bacon butty.
    I think it's time for another beverage and then I'll go and sort out the beds in the spare bedroom and put the craft stuff away.
    Take care all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good afternoon everyone :hello:
    It's all back to normal here today with everyone back in work or college. The weather has changed though and we are having a wet and chilly day here.

The nurse finally came to do my doppler scan after 5 failed appointments and although it was quite painful, I am glad it is done and I can have some compression stockings ordered for me. It will be great if they make a difference to my poor old sore legs.

We had shopping delivered this morning so Lee is going to make a lamb curry for dinner tonight with mini naans, should be very nice.

I've decided to spend some of my birthday money on having a home visit from a podiatrist to try and sort out my cracked heels. I am terrible for just walking around barefooted so it would be great if she could sort out my feet. I found her on Facebook as she is local to me but I don't know anyone who has used her services so I am keeping my fingers crossed she is any good. Anyway, she is coming on Friday so not too long to wait.

I heard from my lovely friend today but she is not doing very well and has been deemed uninsureable so won't be able to drive any more. This will drastically curtail her independence and we won't be able to see each other very much now as she is going to have to rely on lifts from her family members. I feel sad for her as I know she is going to be feeling isolated as she lives out in the sticks.

Right, I can hear the sound of chopping coming from the kitchen so I will go and offer some encouragement. Hope you all have a lovely evening whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Afternoon all. We are doing well here weatherwise - the rain has yet to reach us! I tripped off to Ilkley M & S in my anorak this morning all prepared for rain and I was smothered as it was really warm in the sunshine! The sun has now disappeared but rain doesn't look imminent just yet.

I had a look round Laura Ashley first as they had a sale on. There were some lovely bits and pieces. Lots of things I would have liked but nothing I really needed! Backtracked to M & S and got all my salad stuff and the other bits on my list. I wish I could afford to do all my shopping at M & S!

I came home to lots of banging and drilling next door and wished I had stayed out longer!

Have a nice evening if you can folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,585 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    TA, I'm very lucky, Steve still qualifies for discount at M & S so it brings things down to the realm of affordable. I find their fruit to be much tastier than most other supermarkets.

Laura rang - she had her 12 week scan (at 13 weeks because they were away last week). Everything's fine but the baby was in an awkward position for measuring so she was told to go and have some caffeine and asked to jump, roll over and bump her bottom on the bed to make it move. Apparently it did and promptly got hiccups.

We got our garden on a roll - we are hopeless gardeners and this company sends out your plants and a roll of paper you peg out on the bed you're planting, then plant through the paper. Let's hope it works because we had a bare flower bed last summer (maybe not such a bad thing given the heat because the garden is south facing so it baked).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure