Travel to where in June / July / August?

Options
13»

Comments

• zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    June-August is the best time of the year to be in the UK, go to Scotland or if you live in Scotland, go to England.

It is the worst time of the year to go to the Mediterranean, Middle East and southern Asia, I believe most people only do this because they have been conditioned from school to think of July-August as the "holiday" period.

If you like cooler weather and prefer darkness to sunlight, then it's the best time of the year to go to places like South Africa, Patagonia, Victoria(Australia).
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    SweptAside wrote: »
    Also my passport runs out in July 2020 am I fine to travel anywhere at the moment without restrictions?
    When was it issued? There may be a problem for some countries if it was issued more than 9 years 6 months before you travel. (UK passports used to allow unexpired time up to 9 months to be added to passports, so this might apply to you. )

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/09/free-eu-roaming-can-t-be-guaranteed-if-no-deal-brexit-/
  • El8482
    El8482 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I think you should be fine with your passport. I did travel once with my passport expiring in a 7 month. So I suggest - don't worry about that and have fun.
  • SweptAside
    SweptAside Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2019 at 11:20AM
    Options
    We have added another two people to the trip and decided on Tenerife. Booked the flights we just need to get a hotel or apartment booked now in Playa De Las Americas, Callao Salvaje or Los Cristianos still doing more research on these areas and hotels :)

I will definitely take some of the suggestions above for the future. Thailand, Japan or Mexico will be for sure the planned trip outside the EU for the future.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SweptAside wrote: »
    We have added another two people to the trip and decided on Tenerife. Booked the flights we just need to get a hotel or apartment booked now in Playa De Las Americas, Callao Salvaje or Los Cristianos still doing more research on these areas and hotels :)

I will definitely take some of the suggestions above for the future. Thailand, Japan or Mexico will be for sure the planned trip outside the EU for the future.

Add Vietnam....much better vfm than Thailand these days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure