Forum Home» Over 50s Money Saving

Over 50's - Office job described as energetic

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Over 50's - Office job described as energetic

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
6 replies 2.4K views
pearl123pearl123 Forumite
1.7K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Over 50s Money Saving
Just a quick query.
If you are in your 50's would you be put off an office described as 'energetic with daily deadlines which must be met'. It states quite clearly the ability to work under pressure.
I am a returner to work and perhaps my judgement is not as it should be. Perhaps, this would suite better a younger person. However, in saying that i have worked in a similar role!

Replies

• Sounds like telesales/cold calling.

Run for the hills.
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like an advert designed to evade ageism. They clearly want a younger person.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • elsienelsien Forumite
    22.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ^^^

That was my instant impression as well.
    Doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it. But if it's an office full of twenty somethings don't be surprised if you get knocked back.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • pearl123pearl123 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    elsien wrote: »
    This ^^^

But if it's an office full of twenty somethings don't be surprised if you get knocked back.
    Thank you for the replies. You've back up what I've been thinking.
  • tacpot12tacpot12 Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want the job, apply and if offered an interview, mention that you like working in offices with mostly young people as you enjoy their energy. :-)
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there are contact details with the ad? If so, try giving them a call to get more information.