Post D.R.O

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
3 replies 1.1K views
Yannerd87Yannerd87 Forumite
20 Posts
Third Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
Hi I'm wanting some advise on this please..my dro ended sept17. I've recently received some money from a family trust..the trustee/solicitor has sent a form to claim tax back on what's been paid.. I'm bricking it because I didn't know I was receiving this money Its classed as unearned income..will it have an effect on my completed dro? No one knows I had a dro and I'm worrying again about it all. Thanks.

Replies

• keepcalmandstayoutofdebtkeepcalmandstayoutofdebt Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll be ok. I'm nearly 7 years on from a DRO without one side of my parent knowing and halfway through the 6 years they had to pay the family solicitor to run a bankruptcy check in a inheritance/asset position I never asked for - never flagged up or caused trouble. I never did find right moment to tell family member.
    I can write about DRO in job applications, what was the landlord, tell any stranger but telling family no.

Re Joined Slimming Word in group 02/06/21   ..   Want to lose every week! 6 lbs gone to date

• Yannerd87Yannerd87 Forumite
    20 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Thanks for your reply.. Its the best thing I ever did but I just worry as there is only me who knows..
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    23.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yannerd87 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.. Its the best thing I ever did but I just worry as there is only me who knows..

Hi,

There is nothing to worry about, once your 12 month monotorium period has ended, so does your liability, you are not required to make payments or have assets seized in a DRO.

You are worrying over nothing.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals