in Compers Chat Corner
18 replies 4.5K views
2»

Replies

• bubblebobble23bubblebobble23 Forumite
    702 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I think the But in the title gave away that I maybe a little miffed. I don't like anything that makes compers look negative and showing you are selling your prizes in the same place you may have won them is pretty disrespectful to the promoters.
    The more they see no gain from competitions the less they will use them for means of promotion.

I have no problems at all with earning/selling from your wins! we all know that is the point it's just ways and means!!

Go mad with your multiple accounts for all I care doesn't make it any less unsavoury.:money:
  • They can't have much of a life if they have time to enter on all these different accounts. Some people are very greedy.
    Thanks to everyone that posts :T:money:
  • bubblebobble23bubblebobble23 Forumite
    702 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    More often than not compers are being looked over shall we say for winning prizes especially on social media where it is easy to check out the accounts other posts.

I think we will see more terms about it too unfortunately due to the behaviour of the greedy few.

Doesn't help that comping has been advertised as a way of making money either! Makes it sound so easy too in some posts/articles
  • xoxlauraxoxxoxlauraxox Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Thats why I hate that social media has taken over, I think it was much fairer years ago when 99% were website competitions. now wheres that time machine :D
    ps:yes I do whinge about social media a lot :p
  • hdh74hdh74 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I don't like, and I've seen it mentioned quite a lot, is that a lot of compers now don't bother to say thank you for the prize. I know the competition is a form of advertising and they are entitled to the prize they win, but surely it is only good manners and will encourage companies to run more comps if they are received well.
    I have a few friends who are bloggers who say that when they contact the winner to tell them they have won and ask for details, they get an email back with the address on, nothing else, and are never told if the recipient even got the prize, wheras if someone has to wait more than a few days for a prize they are often bombarded with emails demanding 'when is my prize coming?'
    I have noticed a few companies asking me to let them know I got the prize and/or pop a post on social media if that's where I won it, something I always do anyway, and where they don't ask I'm often surprised at how enthusiastically they thank me for thanking them, as though it's a novelty!
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £97
  • xoxlauraxoxxoxlauraxox Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    hdh74 wrote: »
    One thing I don't like, and I've seen it mentioned quite a lot, is that a lot of compers now don't bother to say thank you for the prize. I know the competition is a form of advertising and they are entitled to the prize they win, but surely it is only good manners and will encourage companies to run more comps if they are received well.
    I have a few friends who are bloggers who say that when they contact the winner to tell them they have won and ask for details, they get an email back with the address on, nothing else, and are never told if the recipient even got the prize, wheras if someone has to wait more than a few days for a prize they are often bombarded with emails demanding 'when is my prize coming?'
    I have noticed a few companies asking me to let them know I got the prize and/or pop a post on social media if that's where I won it, something I always do anyway, and where they don't ask I'm often surprised at how enthusiastically they thank me for thanking them, as though it's a novelty!

I can't believe people don't say thanks. I am always so thankful for every prize. I think I expect too much of people lol
  • BlueBellaBlueBella Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always email a company/blogger to say thank you for a prize - usually they respond with something like 'that is great, thanks for letting me know! I think it is common courtesy to do so! .....so for those who don't are damn well rude!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • debskeaydebskeay Forumite
    122 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    whenever i win something and they ask for my address i always reply thanking them. i think some people have been dragged up .manners cost nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News