IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones/PCM County Court

Options
2»

Comments

• blutack
    blutack Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks The Deep. Very interesting stuff.

Is it worth quoting the new legislation in my defence?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, not in the defence.

Your added words look fine but you can find loads of PCM defences that expound on their well-documented 'predatory' conduct, including when they were outed as a rogue trader on Watchdog, by searching the forum for:

PCM predatory Watchdog defence true
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • blutack
    Options
    Thanks for the direction Coupon-mad, I found a post that you wrote on another thread regarding PCM and their predatory practice and have modified it for my own defence. I have attached below, please let me know if you think anything should be modified.
    As a side note, I was wondering whether a copy of this defence goes to the Claimant (Gladstones) before the claim hearing?

These photographs were taken within seconds of each other by an unidentified person, very likely a non-uniformed individual, typical of PCM's well-documented predatory modus operandi, as exposed in the national press and on BBC's Watchdog. Predatory practices and immediate ticketing before a driver can read any signs and decide whether they would like to to remain on site, is contrary to the International Parking Community's Code of Practice. The Supreme Court Judges in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis [2015] UKSC 67 held that a CoP is effectively 'regulation' for the private parking industry, full compliance with which is both expected and binding upon any parking.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I was wondering whether a copy of this defence goes to the Claimant (Gladstones) before the claim hearing?
    Not from you. The CCBC gets a copy to them shortly after you file it.

That looks fine, except you've missed the word 'firm' from the end:
    full compliance with which is both expected and binding upon any parking .
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • blutack
    Options
    Ok, great. Thanks Coupon-mad, I'll submit that defence then. It's quite long now but I'm hoping that'll be fine.
    Thank you very much for your help so far! Very much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure