PIP MR advise

Hi I had my pip review was awarded two years

However I fell I should ask for an extra year reason being

I had selective eating disorder and have loads of social problems and difficulty in doing most things in the past I have been bullied taken advantage off and have had a lot of fininncal abuse I find it difficult to do relationships as it's just plain hard and in the past I got into wrong crowd who bullied me stole of me but I was blind as I wanted to belong so out up with it as I got older I got rid of them all as what they did.

My doctor thinks I'm on the autism spectume and there's a long wait I've been told summer 2021 to be accessed I have also NF scolosis and learning problems.

However if I get a three year or four year award that will give ASD time to access and diganosed as I think that will answer so many questions. Instead of being reviewed before I can be reviewed after

But I don't want to ask it incase they stop it all together can I just MR the award length and explain as it it all letters saying we can't do much untill we know weather it is autism causing me all the problems which is very lilkly

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is extremely unlikely that you'll get an increased term on your award & risk having it reduced in fact or even lose it altogether. Many people would be quite happy with a 2yr award.

If it's felt you need a longer award at your next assessment based on the medical evidence you're able to supply at the time, then they will do this.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • Ok I throught as my ASD assessment is far away and it's highly likely I have it.

My NF affects my social skills and I think it's called working memory like I misplace things, forget some things been told I find it very difficult to follow convos. I'm a nervous wreck someday
  • It says on everypage I have poor insight into my condition I don't really know what's that mean. I struggle with social things find making friends and relationships very hard.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Personally, I would leave it as it is and NOT go to MR
    One reason I say this, is because I am a member of the Benefits & Work website and they say if it's only down to the length of the award, simply wait and be reassessed in 2yr.
    As has been said, they would look at the whole award again & you'd risk losing it all, plus it often then has to go to Appeal and is a lot of stress
    In two years you may well have a much better idea of where you stand, and it'd avoid a lot of stress now
    (I'm doing an MR at the moment)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport