Forum Home» Phones & TV

Three takes payments early in direct debits blunder - MSE News

New Post Advanced Search

Three takes payments early in direct debits blunder - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
4 replies 1.1K views
MSE_NaomiMSE_Naomi MSE Staff
448 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Phones & TV
Mobile giant Three has apologised after taking a large number of customers' direct debits early - in some cases almost four weeks before they were due...
Read the full story:
'Three takes payments early in direct debits blunder'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• aj23_2aj23_2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Mine's always been taken around the 3rd anyway.
  • BonniepurpleBonniepurple Forumite
    195 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Aj23 wrote: »
    Mine's always been taken around the 3rd anyway.

Yours might be but I have carefully fixed mine to be taken on 16th of the month when my money goes in. Thanks to 3 I’ve now got 2 returned Direct Debits and have to pay the bill manually in12 days. Not happy.
  • TakmonTakmon Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Yours might be but I have carefully fixed mine to be taken on 16th of the month when my money goes in. Thanks to 3 I’ve now got 2 returned Direct Debits and have to pay the bill manually in12 days. Not happy.

I always keep a buffer in my bills account just in case something like this happens. I know you might lose a small amount of interest by doing this (by not having it in the best interest paying accounts) but it's definitely worth it and much better than having an overdraft.
  • aj23_2aj23_2 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭

I don't think I was ever given a choice. They just said the 3rd is when it's taken.