IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPM Parking notice

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me in the steps of contesting this UK CPM parking notice. After hours of going through previous threads and research on the web this is what I have come up with, please correct me if I am wrong with anything as there is so much info out there!

Today I was issued a notice for parking on 'private property' issue reasoned as 'no parking/unauthorised parking' to be honest we have parked in this spot for years like many others. There are no obvouis signs anywhere apart from a couple screwed to some hoarding behind where we parked which seem to have been recently put there but these are hardly in sight and not visible to where we have parked. This is the reason I will contesting (I can send pictures if anyone thinks its necessary)

So, from my understanding.

a- ignore the notice and sit tight to see if there purchase my details from DVLA (i wasn't clear whether they could even do this as I was unsure if they are part of the BPA. Even though it is stated as they are on the notice)

b- if they get my address a keepers notice will be issued which I will need to check complies with the protection of freedoms Act?

c- do I then wait 28 days from the keepers liability notice to then send in my reasons? Do I send this to CPM first or to IPC? or can I go straight to POPLA?

any info would be great.
Thanks

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 March 2019 at 8:58AM
    Please re-read the sticky thread for NEWBIES as you have only understood part of it and go yourself confused with the rest.

UKCPM are IPC scam members so you wait for the NTK then send the appeal in blue from the NEWBIES.

PoPLA is not available from IPC scammers so you do the initial appeal and then wait to see if they do court after that.

Meanwhile, complain to the landowner and also complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    After hours of going through previous threads
    It's UKCPM.

Just read the NEWBIES thread and prepare to defend a small claim, like I posted here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75647184#post75647184
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure