Underpaid esa

Options
Hi all
I have been trying to get my point across to esa forc2 years that i was being paid wrong, they have been saying my pension (war invalidity pension..(no gip) I was medically discharged from RAF after 17 years) is an occupational one and they have not disregarded when it should have been..since September 2015! I've just sent off the relevant info and forms as they have now admitted the mistake so my money will go up massively..but my question is am I likely to receive any underpayments back? It's around the £12,000 mark over 3.5 years, I lost my house 2 years ago due to not being able to afford it, I'm gutted that because of this oversite I may not have lost it had they listened to me..and feel they have treated me dispicably..like I said I've been fighting this for 2 years now..I just want to know if I will get money owed back..can anyone advise?
So many thanks x

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Bunglebern wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have been trying to get my point across to esa forc2 years that i was being paid wrong, they have been saying my pension (war invalidity pension..(no gip) I was medically discharged from RAF after 17 years) is an occupational one and they have not disregarded when it should have been..since September 2015! I've just sent off the relevant info and forms as they have now admitted the mistake so my money will go up massively..but my question is am I likely to receive any underpayments back? It's around the £12,000 mark over 3.5 years, I lost my house 2 years ago due to not being able to afford it, I'm gutted that because of this oversite I may not have lost it had they listened to me..and feel they have treated me dispicably..like I said I've been fighting this for 2 years now..I just want to know if I will get money owed back..can anyone advise?
    So many thanks x
    You will receive any backdated money owed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure