Tui,s Generous £100 Discount

Tui are up to there tricks again, offering £100 discount on summer holidays over £750, i had been looking at a holiday in Cape Verde for early September and nearly booked the other day and the cost was £1261 each.

went to book earlier this morning with the voucher and the price had increased to £1326 not the sort of discount i appreciate

Comments

• secretmachines
    secretmachines Posts: 1,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 March 2019 at 7:05PM
    redmalc wrote: »
    Tui are up to there tricks again, offering £100 discount on summer holidays over £750, i had been looking at a holiday in Cape Verde for early September and nearly booked the other day and the cost was £1261 each.

went to book earlier this morning with the voucher and the price had increased to £1326 not the sort of discount i appreciate

what's your valid complaint? prices will fluctuate on a daily basis for a variety of reasons, not least airline costs.

you're not entitled to a discount, £100 is better than nothing. and it's only a 5% increase. it might go down again tomorrow.

as always, if you're happy with a price for flights / a holiday / a hotel, then book it and don't look back. prices aren't guaranteed to stay the same from one day to the next.
  • as always, if you're happy with a price for flights / a holiday / a hotel, then book it and don't look back. prices aren't guaranteed to stay the same from one day to the next.
    Unless you are booking something that is refundable/changeable or you have only paid a deposit or holding fee.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for return tickets in June from UK to the USA on BA (Club world) and these were showing as £1725 for the dates I needed.
    As I didn't have a confirmed hotel or rental car booking at that time, I didn't want to book up the air travel so I used the BA service where you can hold the price for up to 72 hours for £10.

At the end of the 72 hour period, I still didn't want to confirm my flights so I made another hold booking (I lost the £10 from the first one).
    Two days later, BA dropped their CW prices and I got the tickets I wanted for £1523, a saving of £193 when you factor in the lost £10 for the first hold.
  • KonkyWonky
    KonkyWonky Posts: 648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    redmalc wrote: »

Lucky for you you noticed the voucher, otherwise you would have been looking at forking out £1426.
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Konkywonky
    No I didnt book
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    I have noticed Jet2 do the same. Up the price before 10% off sale etc and then the price falls back again after the sale ends.
    Its shoddy practice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport