IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

CEL PCN Cancelled - Query about debt collectors

Hi folks, I had a search around but I'm struggling to form the search to find if my question is answered elsewhere - and I saw a thread a little while back suggesting debt collection activities can still happen even after a PCN has been cancelled so I figured I'd ask.

Background: I'm in Scotland and received PCN from the really fantastic CEL in Scotland. I wasn't in breach of signposted parking conditions but when I received the initial PCN was just about to go on holiday so I opted to ignore it until I got back. Received a reminder from them while I was away so lodged my appeal as soon as I was back in the country. They rejected the appeal because of arbitrary time limit elapsed and so I just ignored them some more. It was then through their usual catalogue of debt collectors so ZPSS and QDR got on my case. So I read the newbies threads here and went on the offensive against them. Wrote to all parties including the land owner, complained to MPs and MSPs and lodged a complaint with trading standards. The PCN was cancelled.

Only two days before I received the PCN cancellation notice I received a response from QDR saying they are instructed in relation to the debt only and so aren't interested in the parking ticket being invalid.

My question is this, as the PCN is cancelled can I expect the debt collection to stop (I denied the debt to both ZPSS and QDR in writing and requested they referred if back to CEL) or will the debt collection continue? Should I write to QDR again with a copy of the letter from CEL to ensure they don't keep hassling?

Thanks in advance for the help and apologies if I'm rehashing a question already answered. This forum has been a massive source of help in my battle with these scammers so thank you all for that as well.

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    your choice really

yes you could reply to QDR with a copy of the cancellation notice attached

or IGNORE

debt collectors can do nothing anyway, only CEL or their lawyers can initiate the simple procedures court claim you have up there, NOT the debt crawlers

nobody with any knowledge down here gives a thought to the debt crawlers, we treat them as bugs to be squashed underfoot, or completely IGNORED

efter 5 years, it stops anyway , but for peace of mind , send QDR a FRO letter with a copy of the pcn attached and insist that their DPO removes your data from their systems under the GDPR
  • YerMawYerMaw Forumite
    2 Posts
    Thanks for the reply I reckon I will do exactly that and leverage my right to be forgotten just to be on the safe side.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    113.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    when I received the initial PCN was just about to go on holiday so I opted to ignore it until I got back. Received a reminder from them while I was away so lodged my appeal as soon as I was back in the country. They rejected the appeal because of arbitrary time limit elapsed and so I just ignored them some more. It was then through their usual catalogue of debt collectors so ZPSS and QDR got on my case.
    You never should have 'appealed' in Scotland (not whilst you don't have keeper liability at least albeit the deluded Scottish Government are intent on foisting it on you soon, I believe).

This was GREAT though, always do this:
    So I read the newbies threads here and went on the offensive against them. Wrote to all parties including the land owner, complained to MPs and MSPs and lodged a complaint with trading standards. The PCN was cancelled.

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Slithy_ToveThe_Slithy_Tove Forumite
    4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    YerMaw wrote: »
    Only two days before I received the PCN cancellation notice I received a response from QDR saying they are instructed in relation to the debt only and so aren't interested in the parking ticket being invalid.

My question is this, as the PCN is cancelled can I expect the debt collection to stop
    One would hope so. Clearly the last letter was received before the cancellation was issued.

Why not just wait to see if anything else turns up. If it does, then you go on the offensive.
  • MothballsWalletMothballsWallet Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You never should have 'appealed' in Scotland (not whilst you don't have keeper liability at least albeit the deluded Scottish Government are intent on foisting it on you soon, I believe).

This was GREAT though, always do this:

:T
    Well, Sturgeon (codename: Flounder 2: Flounder harder) has to do something to keep herself in the news while Salmond's before a beak :whistle:
  • D_P_DanceD_P_Dance Forumite
    11.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Should I write to QDR again with a copy of the letter from CEL to ensure they don't keep hassling?

Why not, and copy it to their regulatory body, it may cost them money.

http://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • edited 29 March 2019 at 12:50PM
    UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 29 March 2019 at 12:50PM
    Well, Sturgeon (codename: Flounder 2: Flounder harder) has to do something to keep herself in the news while Salmond's before a beak :whistle:

It's not Sturgeon, or even the SNP, its originator is Conservative member Murdo Fraser.

What a mess that will deliver to the Scottish courts.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 this Saturday

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals