Help - lease car

Options
We leased a car with lex auto lease. When we handed in an inspector came to the house and inspected the car in daylight and under dry condition for over an hour.
I signed off on small chips on bonnets and in a couple of others places.
The car was driven away and 2 weeks later and 150 miles more they are asking us for damages on top of these we didn’t cause and they said the bonnet needs repainted because of the small chips.
I argued with lex, they sent me a link to bvrla which I contacted too through their link but none of them looked at the evidence and lex is threatening us with bad credit if we don’t pay.
What Else can I do as I feel threatened to pay for something I didn’t do.

Thanks so much

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you still have the inspection sheet?

If so present this as your evidence stating the damages were not present when it was signed for and thus must have been caused by the party working for Lex.
  • Enibas75
    Enibas75 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much but this is what I have done and they have ignored it. So mot sur where to go from there....
  • Enibas75
    Options
    Do you still have the inspection sheet?

If so present this as your evidence stating the damages were not present when it was signed for and thus must have been caused by the party working for Lex.

Thanks so much but this is exactly what I have done and they don’t care!!!
  • Steve_KK
    Steve_KK Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Having done a stint as a trade plate driver I have done quite a number of inspections on end of lease vehicles. The company I worked for had contracts for a number of different lease companies and there were different levels of inspection required. However all the inspections required photos to be taken showing any damage - I would expect a small magnetic plastic ruler to have been used to highlight and measure any damage they found. At the end of the inspection the customer would sign (on a tablet) to release the car to the driver.
    If this was the process you signed for I would insist on a copy of this report, with your signature, before you do anything.
    The additional 150 miles isn't unexpected. Vehicles are usually sent straight to an auction site and not necessarily the nearest one. I collected a vehicle in Plymouth and took that to Colchester - this involved an overnight stop at my home, which was only a few miles off route, but they soon mount up.
    At the other end of the journey the driver will take another set of photos, but these will not be as comprehensive - this basically show the car was delivered without additional serious damage and will show the final mileage.
    In your instance the contract may detail that you have to fix any damage before returning the vehicle, otherwise you will be charged for remedial works. This damage could include the minor stone chips, so you may have been required to fix these. You should carefully check the lease contract you signed.

Regards,
    Steve
  • Enibas75
    edited 1 April 2019 at 9:10PM
    Options
    Thanks Steve.

The report that I signed to release the car to the driver only had small chips : no magnetic ruler used as they were tiny and in line with bvrla terms saying that if an area doesn’t need repainted you shouldn’t be charged.
    It is the second report that shows new damages with a ruler sometimes that were not there when the first driver picked it up. I submitted this evidence ie first report versus second one and it has been ignored. They are only looking at the second report.
    Also only pictures of the small chipped area have been taken and overall pictures, not detailed pictures of the car. I wanted to take some but the driver told me I didn’t have to.
    So bvrla next?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport