IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PCN Zenith Collections

Options
Hi Just wondering what to do next. Parked in Matalan car park and paid for an hour at the end of the day, Christmas shopping 23/11/18.
Went into town but was half an hour over the limit. The daft thing was that I had the change to pay for two hours but was approached by lets say someone who needed a cup of coffee and approaching Christmas gave him some change.
That charitable act has now resulted in Zenith Collections sending me a notice of recovery assignment with a threat of pay £145 or they will take court action. They have offered me a reduced settlement figure of £145, no I haven't mistyped that's what the letter says. I have not contacted anyone as I have read forums such as this suggesting don't pay but when you are in this position and the thought of court action standing firm is just that little bit harder. Advice please

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    Options
    pay £145 or they will take court action.

zenith cannot start court action

please read the newbies thread , also the section on debt collectors
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Zenith is a debt collector, so you go into ignore mode unless you get a court claim from the PPC (who was this, btw?)

You may also get letters from Debt Recovery Plus, another debt collector, ignore them too - I believe they're the same office as Zenith, different desk.

Also, did you get a NTK? And where was the car park?

Please have a look through the NEWBIES Sticky thread as this will have a lot of information that should answer your questions, or at least the majority of them.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Just wondering what to do next. Parked in Matalan car park and paid for an hour at the end of the day, Christmas shopping 23/11/18.

Went into town but was half an hour over the limit. The daft thing was that I had the change to pay for two hours but was approached by lets say someone who needed a cup of coffee and approaching Christmas gave him some change.

That charitable act has now resulted in Zenith Collections sending me a notice of recovery assignment with a threat of pay £145 or they will take court action.

They have offered me a reduced settlement figure of £145, no I haven't mistyped that's what the letter says.

I have not contacted anyone as I have read forums such as this suggesting don't pay but when you are in this position and the thought of court action standing firm is just that little bit harder. Advice please

Welcome. Please read the 4th post of the NEWBIES thread. All covered there.

No need for any more threads about debt collectors, honestly it's been done to death for over a decade on this forum. No questions are needed - ignore debt letters.

What happened when you complained to the Store manager at Matalan?

Which parking firm and which retail site?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    David, have you based your forum username on your real name?

If so, you would be wise to get your forum username changed to something very much more anonymous.

To help with that, you might like to read this short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • Bennett_boy
    Options
    Thanks will change it, didn't think
  • Bennett_boy
    Options
    Euro cark parks in Matalan's own car park.
    If its worth going in to see the Store manager then more than happy to do so
    Thanks for the interest and help it is appreciated
  • Bennett_boy
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, how do on get onto the Newbies thread you refer to please.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    go to the top of this forum

its the third thread down, "stuck" to the top of this forum with about 3 others
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If its worth going in to see the Store manager then more than happy to do so.
    Yes it certainly is.

Insist on speaking to the manager. Take any receipts with you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 March 2019 at 8:24PM
    Options
    David wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, how do on get onto the Newbies thread you refer to please.
    Where to click at the top of the page, is in my signature...how come newbies so often don't notice that? This happens far too often and I feel like deleting my sig sometimes.

Look at the writing I carry under every reply - and if you are on a phone, come off the phone as you can't see half the forum properly.

No link given to the sticky threads. Better that you see for yourself how easy it is to hop around the forum using the breadcrumb trail at the top each time, to get back from threads you follow and read. That's what my signature is talking about.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure