IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Claim Form Received from County Court Business Centre - for private parking charge notice

Options
13»

Comments

• JonSnow012
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Nononono!

You do not say in defence that the driver was LIABLE for anything.

I did send the defence off with that statement in, currently awaiting a response. Does this mean I will lose the defence?
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    And at the start of the defence you said you were not the driver, but here it implies you were:
    ...don't you mean 'the driver'? Are you being truthful that the D wasn't driving?

I am however, I did not want to name the driver at the time so I thought they have the right to pursue it against the owner of the car in this case.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    it is rare that they have the right to pursue the "owner" of a vehicle (if at all)

if they followed POFA, they have the right under POFA to pursue the KEEPER of the vehicle

if they failed POFA, they have the right to pursue the DRIVER of a vehicle
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I did send the defence off with that statement in, currently awaiting a response. Does this mean I will lose the defence?
    You don't get a 'response' and you can't 'lose a defence'.

There are more stages yet, WS and evidence, then a hearing to come.

You can put right any silly stuff in the WS, but I have no idea why anyone would have typed ''on the material dates where the driver was liable for unauthorised parking.''

To be fair, that was a shocker and I'd be amazed if the PPC do not seize upon that admission. Luckily you were not the driver so have not actually said ''I am liable'' but you have made life so much harder for yourself by typing that sentence.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JonSnow012
    Options
    Currently awaiting a provisional allocation. In this instance, the PPC did follow POFA which gives them the right to pursue me as the keeper of the vehicle. What will happen if the PPC do seize in this case?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,806 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ''on the material dates where the driver was liable for unauthorised parking.''

To be fair, that was a shocker and I'd be amazed if the PPC do not seize upon that admission.
    All I meant was they will notice it and see it as an admission...if they are concentrating.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JonSnow012
    Options
    Hi guys,

Just to update, my case was officially dismissed. Thank you for all the help!
    :D
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JonSnow012 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just to update, my case was officially dismissed. Thank you for all the help!
    :D

Good news, but could you give us a brief on the reasons for dismissal please? The name of the court and Judge will also be very helpful. It will be very useful in advising future victims of UKCPM who are one of the most venal of operators in the country.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport