Ebay Selling Fees on Selling Stuff Outside of Ebay

Options
2»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,249 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Possibly but I think you could argue selling outside of eBay isn't a "listing" policy, the links don't mention anything about trading outside of eBay (at a quick glance I couldn't see it).

Being a consumer contract it has to be clear, an omission can be classed as misleading.

They should specifically state if the purchase is made outside of eBay the offer doesn't apply should they wish to try and impose this charge in such a situation.

Actually if you go through their policies then exchanging information and/or selling outside of ebay is against their published t and cs.

Immaterial anyway as I doubt anyone would take this to court.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The blurb is at the bottom of the messaging page when you send a message to someone.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure