Cadbury’s Curly Wurlys best before date 19/01/18!!!

Options
Hi. Not sure if posting on correct forum. But yesterday I bought a multipack of Curly Wurlys from Asdas and the best before date was 19/01/18!! My daughter started eating one and said it tasted horrible and looked at the date. I know if I take them back to Asdas, they’ll only apologise, refund me and give me a £2 gift card. I’m not being fobbed off with that! Over a year out of date is inexcusable! Any advice please? Contact trading standards?

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Janey0109 wrote: »
    Hi. Not sure if posting on correct forum. But yesterday I bought a multipack of Curly Wurlys from Asdas and the best before date was 19/01/18!! My daughter started eating one and said it tasted horrible and looked at the date. I know if I take them back to Asdas, they’ll only apologise, refund me and give me a £2 gift card. I’m not being fobbed off with that! Over a year out of date is inexcusable! Any advice please? Contact trading standards?

Advice ? Take the £2 and buy some fresh ones

a) the 2018 one's wouldn't harm you
    b) you'll struggle to prove they were bought from there with that date

Out of interest how much do you think you should get ?
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    we move threads if we think they will get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Let's cut to the chase: How much are you after?
  • Les79
    Les79 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Options
    Call your GP immediately.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Worth at least a billionty pounds and a lifetime supply of Curly Wurlies.
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's chocolate and toffee, not raw chicken so your daughter is unlikely to end up being ill. I ate a box of chocs the other week that I found at the back of the cupboard bought for Christmas 2017 and they were fine, though cosmetically there was a slight bloom to the chocolate. Perhaps I should sue myself for not having eaten them a year ago.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Worth at least a billionty pounds and a lifetime supply of Curly Wurlies.

And a months supply of Imodium.
  • ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Curly Wulries were best in about 1976. Nowadays they are small and pathetic!

Chocolate doesn't go out of date in a few months, if it's in a sealed packet. I've eaten chocolate years after the BB date and it's been fine - sometimes it dries out a bit, or tastes a bit stale, but not horrible.
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It’s not unlawful to sell foods past their best before dates (unlike selling food past their use by dates) unless the food is so out of date it is unfit for human consumption.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I bought a multipack of Curly Wurlys from Asdas

if I take them back to Asdas

How many branches of Asda did you visit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure