We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Builder Charged Me 3 Years Later

Options
1234568»

Comments

• spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    Why do you care? lol

I want to know who is the champion arguer of pointless debates, im going to assume thats you as you replied first. Well done on being a winner!:T
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 March 2019 at 3:05PM
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    I want to know who is the champion arguer of pointless debates, im going to assume thats you as you replied first. Well done on being a winner!:T

Another one saying it's pointless while keep returning to the thread and commenting...........how funny and pointless.. lol

You win!!! ;-]
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Oh you mean the thread that the OP has returned to since the day it was created yet you somehow have set up camp in lol
  • LexieLane
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I do care, and have read through all your comments :)
    Thank you for your responses!

I blocked the skip company's telephone number and will see if they send me any type of written request for the money.

He may have been using intimidation tactics with the threat of a ccj? It isn't a nice thing to hear.

From what I've researched there is a formal process where I would be issued a small claims court filing where I would have 14 days to respond?

You can't just say someone owes you money and BAM, they have a ccj!
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Lexie, they will need to follow the Pre-Action Protocol - article here from the Ministry of Justice - if you receive a genuine court claim, you need to return the Acknowledgement of Service (AoS) saying you will defend, which gives you 28 days to put in your defence (if you don't say you'll defend on the AoS, you only get 14 days).

I'm not 100% familiar with the process (last time I used it was about nearly 10 years ago), and the rules changed in the last year to 18 months, but that's the basic starting point.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Check out the Parking board ... the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread in there describes the small claims process quite well (in post #2 I think).
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In short you do nothing until a CC is issued. Everything else is just talk.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport