Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

BW Legal - Directions Questionnarie

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 213 views
kenty00kenty00 Forumite
2 Posts
Hi,

Apologies if I have doe wrong starting a thread.
My wife parked in a location then returned and left and did not realise payment was required.
Approx 2-3 months later a debt collector letter arrived saying that she had not paid a Britannia Parking ticket. This was the first we knew about it. We replied asking for the matter to be returned to Britannia and for the original ticket along with evidence to be sent. We heard nothing for a year. The BW Legal took on the case and started with their letters. Again replied stating no PCN ever received, please send. They finally sent this and it showed another vehicle at a different location and a different register keeper. Very poor admin!
Then the court papers arrived. I did the defence on the premise that no evidence has ever been seen and that we never had the chance for appeal that is stated in their terms and conditions that you are. I now have Directions Questionnaire. They have stated on this form that they are wish this to go small claims mediation service. Any help much appreciated. I've probably done it all wrong but if never receiving a ticket, any evidence and therefore not being able to pay the original amount or appeal are not valid defence grounds then i'm very confused.

Replies

• RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see the BARGEPOLE walkthrough in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, 3 threads down from the top of this forum

all the info you need is in there, including filling in the DQ
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Thank you for your reply. Going to sound very thick but could you link it, I can't work my way around the forum very well. Sorry
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    34.4K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we dont give links

use a laptop and learn to use this forum, because you are going to need to be an expert forum user to fight this

top of this forum , third thread down , scroll down to post #2
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    kenty00 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. Going to sound very thick but could you link it, I can't work my way around the forum very well. Sorry

When you are on a forum, the sticky threads are always at the top, to be read first, before posting a new thread, because 99% of the things people post about are already answered and we can't keep up unless people actually read our standard advice first.

You already have a 'breadcrumb trail' link on every page back to page one of the forum you are reading, and my signature (below) also tells you exactly where it is.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem become so widespread that MPs agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Hopefully, this will become law by Easter .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.