Forum Home» Motoring» Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

2 parking tickets struggling to address. Gateshead Metro Centre & University parking ( student)

New Post Advanced Search

2 parking tickets struggling to address. Gateshead Metro Centre & University parking ( student)

edited 28 February 2019 at 7:03PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
5 replies 298 views
TVremoteTVremote Forumite
33 posts
edited 28 February 2019 at 7:03PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi there if anyone could assist would be much appreciated, gone through a few of the threads but nobody is really ever in the same situation so caught in a road block.

Windscreen ticket

The date of the parking incident ( 22 Jan but appealed) 28 days to POPLA now as of 26th Feb

The date of issue shown on any letter headed Notice to Keeper.

The name of the respective parking company pursuing you. APCOA Parking

Got a parking ticket at metro centre for "not parking correctly within the markings of the bay or space" at the Coach Car park as a staff member

I'm a student who works part time hours at the metro centre. The previous week it was snowing heavy (end of january) and i saw a car coming out of a parking space (as i thought) and i used it, no issues. didn't get any parking ticket (probably as it was the friday night we had everywhere covered in snow, so everyone was parked towards the front) got no ticket no issue. about mid way through the coach car park if anybody is familiar with it.

few days later i park in the same spot, there's no indications anywhere that this isn't a spot that we can use , the bay is covered in leaves and dirt. its around the middle area of the COACH car park, which i believed would be fine as its supposed to be used for staff. but i got a ticket for this. £90 fine. Now if it was clearly marked or in a disabled spot i could understand... but I'm really just seeking some assistance on this.

Replies

• UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are two separate cases and will need to be in a separate thread for each one.

Please amend your above thread to cover just the one parking charge, you might need to do quite a bit of 'surgery' so as not to leave any 'trace' of the other one to confuse other regulars who come to advise later.

Open another new thread to cover the other parking charge.

For each one:

State if a windscreen ticket or a notice through the post (as your first notification of the charge).

The date of the parking incident.

The date of issue shown on any letter headed Notice to Keeper.

The name of the respective parking company pursuing you.
  • ShakeItOffShakeItOff Forumite
    415 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Have you had a chance to read the NEWBIES post, specifically Post 1? That will help you in both instances. It doesn't matter that other peoples' circumstances don't match yours exactly.

Complain to your Uni, and also to the landowner at the Metro. Also, with the snow on that particular day, can you find any pictures of how bad the snow was at the rough time you parked on social media? Of course, they will say that you knew you hadn't parked within the lines, and you will say "there were no lines, because they were covered by snow, which has obviously melted by the time the parking company employee came around".
    Debt Free by Xmas 2021 = £0/£6,500
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the first one on land covered by bye-laws?

Make two separate complaimts to your MP, they are both trying to scam you.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem become so widespread that MPs agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Hopefully, this will become law by Easter .
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put up a strong POPLA appeal and APCOA will withdraw.

The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 covers POPLA appeals.

Do a forum search on keywords 'APCOA POPLA and see the results of recent cases.

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.

Both your cases are eminently winnable.
  • TVremoteTVremote Forumite
    33 posts
    Just want to say thanks for the support guys, much appreciated sent my appeal waiting back now. (UKPC)
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support