We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Tax on savings - help please!
Comments
-
And don't forget your taxable salary may often be less than your real salary i.e. salary £17,000 - 5% pension contribution under net pay arrangement = £16,150 taxable salary (the bit that goes on your P60).0
-
londoninvestor wrote: »You might consider notice accounts - e.g. Charter Savings Bank is paying 1.9% on a 95-day notice account.
Thanks for this. A notice account would be my ideal option I think. The most important thing for me is that it's not instant access. But on further consideration (and conversations with my dad) a fixed rate bond will be too long term
I've now started saving with Skipton Building Society - they do a notice account. It's 1.2% but I would like all my savings in the same place. So I think I will go for this.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards