Ocado Admit Error, But Won't Issue Refund!

edited 23 February 2019 at 8:52PM in Supermarket Coupons
1 reply 2.9K views
wood_dwood_d Forumite
4 Posts
edited 23 February 2019 at 8:52PM in Supermarket Coupons
So, my wife found a voucher through the door for 30% off our first 2 shops with Ocado. She decided to give them a try. After we placed our second shop I noticed that the total didn't seem quite right, we'd spent £139.71 (including all special offers) but only got £25 from the voucher. I then looked at our first order and saw we'd spent £93.94, but again only got £25 off. We should have gotten £41.93 and £28.18 respectively.

When I contacted Ocado via live chat the guy said that the maximum discount you can get with one of these vouchers is £25. When I told him that wasn't mentioned on the voucher he asked me to send a photo, which I did. He then went to speak to his manager and came back saying: "• Thanks for waiting, the reason for that is because the maximum reward is £25 it just unfortunately is missing from the leaflet. "
He did not offer to give me the money back initially. When I pressed him on it, he said that he'd give me a voucher for £20.11, but that I could only use it on a third shop. I explained that that is not fair and that I should receive the discount from the order we've just made. He refused to do this.

They have falsely advertised an offer resulting in overcharging the customer, and instead of issuing a refund they are saying: "we'll only give you the money back if you shop with us again". Is it just me or is that not ok? Is this a case for the MSE Money Savers? I also imagine it's quite widespread given how this voucher is from a canvassing campaign. I can post the chatlog if people are interested. Will post pictures of the voucher if I can work out how to do so on this forum!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide