We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Free Seeds

Options
If you order a seed catalogue from Thompson & Morgan http://www.thompson-morgan.com/en
The catalogue comes with a £5 money off voucher (no questions asked, no minimum spend) so if the seeds you order and the P+P come to £5 or less they are completley free of charge.:T

or even better go to your local alottment and make friends with the gardeners there, most are willing to give advise, and often are willing to exchange or donate excess seeds

If anyone knows of any other offers or other ways of getting free seeds please post

Comments

• bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    cheers for that i like the offer that goes with it as well buy 3 pkts and get the most exspencive free thanks op
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • chunkymunky_3
    Options
    Oh i forgot to mention that bit, thanks for reminding me, im doing another order soon
  • chunkymunky_3
    Options
    http://www.yorkshirewater.com/becool/content/freebies.aspx
    yorkshire water are offering a free water saving pack with includes drought tollerant plant seeds but also a loo flush thingy and a magazine about water saving
  • Tabby_Kitten_2
    Options
    Have ordered my catalogue, any ideas how long it takes to come through?
    A Life Less Simple - one day I'll get there
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    mine came within a couple of days complete with voucher - they keep you on the mailing list and will send other £5 vouchers periodically too.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • chunkymunky_3
    Options
    same here, this is my second voucher and my second lot of free seeds, thompson and morgan are good at delivery, my orders have never taken more than a week from posting to receiving
  • CCCele
    CCCele Posts: 218 Forumite
    Options
    I got my catalogue and voucher yesterday.

Even better than the voucher, with my catalogue, it says the first two packets of seeds are free, plus you can use the voucher. So the two most expensive ones are free, you pay £2 postage, so that's another £3 to spend on free seeds.

I bought all the new veggie seeds I need for next year for about £4 in total.
  • Tabby_Kitten_2
    Options
    Have ordered my seeds, about £8 worth with the two free packets but the voucher does say something about if you order is less than £5 we'll send you the seeds free so I took that to mean it can't be used for postage. Would be interested to know if that's the case or not as I've ordered another cat for my bf. It's still a good deal even if you have to pay £1.99 postage
    A Life Less Simple - one day I'll get there
  • chunkymunky_3
    Options
    i have ordered only one packet before now using the free voucher and been charged nothing, so unless they have changed the rules you wont be charged
  • susieb
    susieb Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mine arrived today (the catalogue) so many thanks op
    Always on the hunt for a bargain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income