Can you win from Real People or TV Choice twice?

edited 22 February 2019 at 11:26AM in Compers Chat Corner
8 replies 1.1K views
Bethp18Bethp18
26 Posts
edited 22 February 2019 at 11:26AM in Compers Chat Corner
Hi, this year I have won prizes from Real People and TV Choice, I was wondering whether it's still worth entering their competitions or if I will now be ruled out from winning again? Has anyone else ever won two prizes from one of these companies?

Replies

• rexy0101rexy0101 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! i have won several times over the years with each magazine
    Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times and think to yourself There's No Place Like Home.
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    45K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best to check the T&Cs for any site that you are concerned with, TV Choice are covered by the Bauer restriction on any prize valued at £500 or more but any prize worth less than that makes no difference to entering again and I am not aware of of any restriction for Real People.

Bauer Media, the Global Network and various radio groups/stations have restrictions in place preventing entering again for various periods for minimum values from anything* up to £1,000. The restrictions usually cover the address not the individual and most are for 6 or 12 months.

*The Wireless Group which includes Talksport and Virgin Radio along with some local stations has the tightest restriction, if you won say a CD on one of their local stations then you could not enter anything for 12 months and that includes any of the big prizes on their national stations.
    anyone who has won a prize on any radio station or website operated by the Promoter within the last 12 months are not eligible to enter any Competition.
  • I've just won a prize valued at £1,500 from Take a Puzzle & Crossword, which is Bauer Media. I asked on the phone if I was still eligible to win future competitions with then and she said yes, I could still enter any competitions that I wanted with them. So it appears you can win multiple times with their magazines - you just have to be very lucky!
    WINS // 5 PRIZES IN 2021 // 2021 PRIZE TOTAL £61,000+ 🤯 // 86 PRIZES IN 2020 // 2020 PRIZE TOTAL £9,467 // 41 PRIZES IN 2019 // 2019 PRIZE TOTAL £15,365 //
  • LeeRitsLeeRits Forumite
    537 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    A couple of years ago, I won twice with real people in the space of 3ish months. £150 and £50.
    45K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just won a prize valued at £1,500 from Take a Puzzle & Crossword, which is Bauer Media. I asked on the phone if I was still eligible to win future competitions with then and she said yes, I could still enter any competitions that I wanted with them. So it appears you can win multiple times with their magazines - you just have to be very lucky!

Try and get that in writing as the T&Cs do not allow it
    4.9 Prize Limits. There is no limit on the value of a single prize that may be provided to the individual winners of a Competition. However, no person or persons at the same residential address may win more than one prize valued at £500 or more via any of our Competitions in any six (6) month period.

4.10 Retrospective Effect. Where an entrant or prize winner has been found to be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of a Competition and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions set out in paragraphs 4.4 to 4.9 above, we may still enforce our right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to us of any prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or prize winner in question.
  • MidnighterMidnighter Forumite
    15.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely. I've been picking up Real People since it launched and have had five wins to date: three cash, one a child's toy and an MP3.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • mjm3346 wrote: »
    Try and get that in writing as the T&Cs do not allow it

I thought I'd read that. I've requested clarification. The last thing I want is to win another prize (as unlikely as that may be), get awarded it and then have to give it back!

Thanks for the advice.
    WINS // 5 PRIZES IN 2021 // 2021 PRIZE TOTAL £61,000+ 🤯 // 86 PRIZES IN 2020 // 2020 PRIZE TOTAL £9,467 // 41 PRIZES IN 2019 // 2019 PRIZE TOTAL £15,365 //
    45K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd read that. I've requested clarification. The last thing I want is to win another prize (as unlikely as that may be), get awarded it and then have to give it back!

Thanks for the advice.

Global are much better at it
    64. So that we can ensure the fairness of our Promotions, we reserve the right to prevent you, at our absolute discretion, from entering any of the Promotions for a period of six months (“Exclusion Period”) if you have either (A) won a prize valued at £1,000 or above, or (B) won more than one prize during the previous six months. If we choose to exercise this right, we will notify you in writing. If you continue to enter any Promotion during the Exclusion Period, we reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to disregard your entry, remove prizes and impose a further exclusion period of twelve months from the date of your last entry attempt. Entry fees (if any) will not be refunded. We reserve the right to disqualify your mobile phone number from future Promotions during this Exclusion Period.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides